Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?

Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Notorious B.I.G. or Tupac Shakur?

Pac!!!!!!

I like Biggie too but having Puffy on his hip the whole time really gives Pac the edge by a long shot. Tupac was as real as it gets, and although Biggie was too having a dude like Puffy with him all the time took some major points away. The interviews they done explaining Tupac's NYC shooting were just full of guilt, I mean you can just tell by looking at their body language something was shady. Pac blasted them both multiple times in interviews and thats what I love about him, he never cared to speak his mind no matter what was on it. Like said, he was one real dude and I think that's why he reached so many people (including a young white mountain boy from EKY).

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may want to brush up on some Jay-Z and Nas. More so Jay-Z.

Listening to Jay-Z 's songs I can picture what he is saying and the story that goes along with it. He is a great storyteller.

Jay-Z's Meet the Parents off the Gift and the Curse is a killer example of that storytelling. Song would still give me goosebumps if I listened to it.

Not-so-well-known fact:

Biggie, Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, and DMX all attended the same high school - George Westinghouse Technical & Vocational High School, Brooklyn, NY. Biggie, Jay-Z and Busta Rhymes were all there at the same time. Jay-Z actually even once beat Busta Rhymes in an impromptu rhyme-off in the school cafeteria.

Not-so-well-known fact:

Biggie, Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, and DMX all attended the same high school - George Westinghouse Technical & Vocational High School, Brooklyn, NY. Biggie, Jay-Z and Busta Rhymes were all there at the same time. Jay-Z actually even once beat Busta Rhymes in an impromptu rhyme-off in the school cafeteria.

I knew Jay-Z was kind of like Biggie's little protege but didn't know that about Busta Bust or dark man x.

• 10 months later...
I knew Jay-Z was kind of like Biggie's little protege but didn't know that about Busta Bust or dark man x.

Biggie and Jay were proteges and equals. Jay was in the rap game before Biggie. Kind of hard to say he was Biggie's little brother. I even think Jay is older than Biggie as well.

Looking through some old posts and passed by this. Biggie and Pac are in the top 3 but in my opinion neither of them are best. The crown goes to

Nas. Just listen to the Illmatic album.

Can't give the crown to the dude with one dope album. Jay has 11 dope albums and Reasonable Doubt is equal to or greater than Illmatic.

PP break down your top 5 or so solo acts of All-time

Who's your guys? Tupak? Biggie? Jay Z? Nas? Dre? LL?

OK couldn't even type LL with a straight face :lol: found myself licking my lips uncontrollably while typing this also...

It Was Written, I Am..., Nastradamus, Stillmatic, Hip Hop Is Dead, God's Son, and Street's Disciple; all great albums by Nas. But I can agree that his later albums are in no comparison with Jay's.

Top Five in no order: Nas, Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, and Andre 3000.

Next Four: Dre, Eminem, Outkast, and Run DMC.

Jay-Z, Biggie, Tupac, NaS, Ice Cube.

In order.

Eminem, Rakim and KRS-One could be in any top 5 and I wouldn't disagree but that's my top 5 in order and I feel like I could win any argument defending that top 5. In order.

I forgot about Ice Cube. He'd probably be on my list too.

It Was Written, I Am..., Nastradamus, Stillmatic, Hip Hop Is Dead, God's Son, and Street's Disciple; all great albums by Nas. But I can agree that his later albums are in no comparison with Jay's.

Top Five in no order: Nas, Pac, Biggie, Jay-Z, and Andre 3000.

Next Four: Dre, Eminem, Outkast, and Run DMC.

I liked It Was Written more than Illmatic and both of those are great albums. Stillmatic had a banger or two but NaS' first two albums were both his greatest work. I like NaS a ton, I just dont feel like heh as ever surpassed Jay as far as greatness. However, when it comesto overall greatness as a rapper I don't think anyone tops Jay. I'm banging that new song, Pound Cake, by Drake and Jay-Z and it's funny because I thought Drake came off tight in his verse......and then Jay jumped on.....:lol:

He's the greatest.