Obama to order Guantanamo Bay prison closed

ScarHeel

really? You think they're going to attack Cuba? Come on man, I know I don't need to explain this one to you.

Australia was in talks to tale these prisoners and they backed out. No one will take these guys so were bringin em home, alright. Can't wait.....listen I've been fair to Obama, I'm giving him a fair chance, this is a horrible decision.

Please. Gitmo's closing is imperative. Bush has conceded as much. It is unfortunate, to say the least, that the Administration used such uncertain and opaque methods of keeping these detainees there that it has created a legal nightmare to sort them out.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you seriously think that there are only 9/11 terrorist suspects in Guantanamo? We do export some of them, so that others can handle our dirty work, but not all of them.
Huh? I think your reading something into the post that isn't there. And, no.

And to go along with the second part of your post, think about what you're saying, that we're safest if they're already here? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

If not guilty and they are released, I definitely believe that if they are here we can keep the closest eye on them and any others that associate with them.

These people are FANATICS, not FANS. All they will do here is regroup and restrengthen, trying to teach others their ways. They will be treated as second class citizens, and third class if anyone know's their background. All that does is give them ammo to spread their message about how wrong the US is and how everyone should hate the US, even our own citizens. If you don't buy it then just look at Europe over the past 10-15 years, ESPECIALLY FRANCE.
I think you give them way to much credit. I'm not scared of them, I think they would have little ability or power to be a threat.

There are a variety of reasons other countries have issues with us, as well as we have issues with ourselves. Your insinuation that others hate us because of what terrorist say about us very ignorant in regard to world politics as well as arrogant and assuming toward others. We as the strongest power in the world are responsible for our own actions, we lead the paths of international politics, we don't follow, as many have to follow us. It should not at all be difficult for us to understand the frustration of peoples around the world beholden to our decisions but with no voice to direct those decisions. This power we have makes us a natural target of blame on all issues, and many of the issues and decisions we have to make create winners and losers. This is why we are hated, not because Mr Jihad said so but because even with the best of intentions all of our actions make consequences and, as unintended as they be, many of those consequences hurt other peoples and nations. The "we good, they evil" argument may make for a 10 second news clip and comforting thought but it doesn't accurately describe the condition of world politics.

really? You think they're going to attack Cuba? Come on man, I know I don't need to explain this one to you.
So you can't imagine a scenario were Cuba would allow a group of terrorist in there country who have intention to attack Guantanamo? It would be like a role reversal of the Bay of Pigs, I would think Cuba would have relished the oppritunity.

Australia was in talks to tale these prisoners and they backed out. No one will take these guys so were bringin em home, alright. Can't wait.....listen I've been fair to Obama, I'm giving him a fair chance, this is a horrible decision.

I simply don't credit them so much to believe that they cause serious concern by being within our boarder.

Please. Gitmo's closing is imperative. Bush has conceded as much. It is unfortunate, to say the least, that the Administration used such uncertain and opaque methods of keeping these detainees there that it has created a legal nightmare to sort them out.

Why is it imperative? These people are terrorists, not bank robbers or even prisoners of war. According to the Geneva Conventions they could have been shot on the spot, because they were not in uniform or led by officers in uniform.

They have been well treated. They had it easier there than if they were in there own house.

I think this is an extremely poor move. Why should we release people who we have found guilty of war crimes, who we have evidence against? Then what do we do with them after we close Gitmo, just release them into the world so they can take innocent lives again or what?

Who are we releasing that has been found guilty of war crimes that we have evidence against? Those who would be released, as hundreds have before them, are those that we are holding under "suspicion" alone, where we don't have sufficient evidence to prosecute. The only reason they can even be held is through a unique interpretation of the U.S. and international law.

There are a variety of reasons other countries have issues with us, as well as we have issues with ourselves. Your insinuation that others hate us because of what terrorist say about us very ignorant in regard to world politics as well as arrogant and assuming toward others. We as the strongest power in the world are responsible for our own actions, we lead the paths of international politics, we don't follow, as many have to follow us. It should not at all be difficult for us to understand the frustration of peoples around the world beholden to our decisions but with no voice to direct those decisions. This power we have makes us a natural target of blame on all issues, and many of the issues and decisions we have to make create winners and losers. This is why we are hated, not because Mr Jihad said so but because even with the best of intentions all of our actions make consequences and, as unintended as they be, many of those consequences hurt other peoples and nations. The "we good, they evil" argument may make for a 10 second news clip and comforting thought but it doesn't accurately describe the condition of world politics.

I think that is a pretty good assessment.

I predict that if Islamic fascist terrorists walk free because of Obama's decision, a lot fewer out-of-uniform prisoners will find their way to our shores in future conflicts with terrorists.

I rarely agree with Hoot but he is on target about this one!