Transition for the Obama family to DC

GaViking

Reports tonight are stating Michelle's mother will be moving to DC/White House to help with the transition of her grandaughter's to their new home. I normally would not have a problem with this. Sarah Palin and her husband had so much grief over who would be there for their 5 children if Sarah won VP. I just wonder how the public would have felt if a family member moved in to DC to help the Palin's.

Nope - because everyone (the media) was giving Sarah and her family such a hard time on who would be there for their children since they have five (not all are young). They have a Dad who is at home. Just curious since Michelle doesn't hold office.

Reports tonight are stating Michelle's mother will be moving to DC/White House to help with the transition of her grandaughter's to their new home. I normally would not have a problem with this. Sarah Palin and her husband had so much grief over who would be there for their 5 children if Sarah won VP. I just wonder how the public would have felt if a family member moved in to DC to help the Palin's.

Woud she have come along for the ride to help them transition to a new house across town from their old one? Probably not.

I am already sick of hearing about the kids and what school they are going to, what they are eating for lunch at that school....what dress Michelle is wearing to he dentist...and so on and so forth.....and I'm tired of listening to Palin whine .....oh it's going to be a long 4 years:irked:

Michelle's mother has been living with them for two years already, helping with the children during the campaign. I definitely think this is nothing big, and normal. I also think it's a wiser move than hiring a nanny.

Which mean that, yes, had they moved across town, Michelle's mom would have moved for the transition also. ;)

Are the taxpayers going to feed her? :D

Actually, just this evening, I was reading a story in National Geographic that said the president is billed for all of the food he and his family eat in the White House. Just like in a hotel, or restaurant; with the exception being state dinners or special events. The story said that most administrations complain about how high the prices are. They are also billed for their dry cleaning and laundry.

Actually, just this evening, I was reading a story in National Geographic that said the president is billed for all of the food he and his family eat in the White House. Just like in a hotel, or restaurant; with the exception being state dinners or special events. The story said that most administrations complain about how high the prices are. They are also billed for their dry cleaning and laundry.

Very interesting...I never knew this. Makes sense though. I have to pay for my food, dry cleaning, and laundry. So should the first family!!

I'm stunned.