Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stephen Curry: What is his ceiling?

Featured Replies

I'm pretty unsure about him in the NBA. If he goes to a team with an exceptional guard to go with him, then I think he could be a pretty good player in the league, like a Devin Harris type. Last year, he had someone at Davidson that could penetrate then dish it out to him. He doesn't have that this year, and you can see the difference IMO.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty unsure about him in the NBA. If he goes to a team with an exceptional guard to go with him, then I think he could be a pretty good player in the league, like a Devin Harris type. Last year, he had someone at Davidson that could penetrate then dish it out to him. He doesn't have that this year, and you can see the difference IMO.

 

He's averaging 29 or so a game.

Honestly, IMO he really doesn't go down as a college great. Might sound wrong but I need to see him perform like this at a larger and a better school for him to go down as a great. Last year his performance reminded me of something like Wally Szcerbiak, but he has backed it up more this year.

 

As for pro... he is a foreign seas player.

 

But then again, I have been wrong before.

 

Against the "larger" schools that passed over him like say the Gerogetowns of the world he was 3-1 in the tourney last year and had his team 1 possesion from the final four.

I don't know if he will be able to create his own shot in the NBA, and if he has the athleticism to run with the point guards in the NBA. I hope he does, because he seems like a very likable player, and he plays with an intensity on offense. Either way he has been a joy to watch the past couple of seasons.

Dick Vitale said last night (and I totally agree with him) that Curry will be a starting PG in the NBA next season and will have an all star level career.

JJ Redick hasn't exactly done much.

 

Curry > Redick

He's averaging 29 or so a game.

 

23. And yeah, whats your point?

23. And yeah, whats your point?

 

You said he had someone to get him the ball last year which is true, but he's figuring out a way to score this year too. Last year they played a good schedule, but nowhere near this good. If you throw the game out where the dumb coach played a triangle and two and got blown out 4 on 3 he's scoring very high and against very good competition.

 

Oh and it's 29.2 a game not 23.

You said he had someone to get him the ball last year which is true, but he's figuring out a way to score this year too. Last year they played a good schedule, but nowhere near this good. If you throw the game out where the dumb coach played a triangle and two and got blown out 4 on 3 he's scoring very high and against very good competition.

 

Oh and it's 29.2 a game not 23.

 

That's correct, he is averaging 29.2. I just looked it up, as well :thumb:

I think he has a lot of potential to be a very good NBA PG. The average height in the NBA may be over 6'6", but that counts everyone and with 1 center and 2 forwards on the floor for most teams, that pushes the average height upwards. The average guard in the NBA is not 6'6". He is quick, sees the floor very well, and still has a ton of upside. I have quit saying that guys can't play in the NBA after I missed the boat on a few. EG, I thought Prince was a great college player but was too thin to play in the NBA. I was wrong.

You said he had someone to get him the ball last year which is true, but he's figuring out a way to score this year too. Last year they played a good schedule, but nowhere near this good. If you throw the game out where the dumb coach played a triangle and two and got blown out 4 on 3 he's scoring very high and against very good competition.

 

Oh and it's 29.2 a game not 23.

 

That's correct, he is averaging 29.2. I just looked it up, as well :thumb:

 

I thought we were talking about Devin Harris, as that who is who I mentioned in the post.

 

:thumb:

Honestly, IMO he really doesn't go down as a college great. Might sound wrong but I need to see him perform like this at a larger and a better school for him to go down as a great. Last year his performance reminded me of something like Wally Szcerbiak, but he has backed it up more this year.

 

As for pro... he is a foreign seas player.

 

But then again, I have been wrong before.

 

Did you not watch the NCAA tournment last year?

As long as he isn't option #1 for a team I think he could thrive. Honestly, he'd really benefit by falling in the draft to a better team, with a proven other guard. He doesn't have to play PG. I think he'd fit in pretty nice with Chris Paul or Deron Williams, really the best fit would be the Cavs with his boy LeBron, but he's not gonna fall that far in the draft. As long as he's not the focal point of the defense, he will be fine. 6'3 is a small two guard, but Iverson played it for a few years in Philly, and though he is quicker than Curry, he could only dream to have S.Curry's range. Other good fits would be the Knicks, Trailblazers, Suns and a few others. I think he's an alltime great in college if they win a few come tourney time. C'mon he put Davidson on the map.

I think in college he will down as a great, especially if he stays next year and finishes #2 all-time in scoring. In the pros, he will be a good point guard. His "ceiling" could be directly proportionate to his increase in strength but he could still be very good at his size (look at Tayshaun Prince).

Dick Vitale said last night (and I totally agree with him) that Curry will be a starting PG in the NBA next season and will have an all star level career.

 

Curry will NOT be an all star level pg in his career, he will be an excellent role player/spot up shooter kind of like Steve Kerr but he wont be an all star, unless you count the frosh/soph all star game they have.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.