Stephen Curry: What is his ceiling?

NEXT

You really should go back.....Redick was hounded for 40 minutes, by arguably much better players than Curry faces for the bulk of a season. Often times double teamed....Redick was a two time player of the year.

Are we getting Doc and going back in time. I don't care what you say Reddick had a way better supporting cast which free'd him up on the wing ALOT.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against the "larger" schools that passed over him like say the Gerogetowns of the world he was 3-1 in the tourney last year and had his team 1 possesion from the final four.

Cause no one knew about him at all and he was hot at the right time. No way he has another performance like that this year.

Cause no one knew about him at all and he was hot at the right time. No way he has another performance like that this year.

So, going into the regionals (second weekend of the NCAAs), Wisconsin and Kansas had no idea how good he was? Sure, you could make a case that he was hot but to say no one knew who he was (even Gonzaga and Georgetown) is ridiculous.

So, going into the regionals (second weekend of the NCAAs), Wisconsin and Kansas had no idea how good he was? Sure, you could make a case that he was hot but to say no one knew who he was (even Gonzaga and Georgetown) is ridiculous.

I am just saying he wasn't a big name and people wouldn't know about him as much going into a game against him as they would know about JJ Reddick. I believe teams would be better prepared to play Curry and Davidson this year, than they were last year.

After Curry's 2007 tournament appearance where he almost led 13 seed Davidson to a victory over 4 seed Maryland, I knew he was a player to watch... He had 30 points in that game, he didn't just break out last year. If coaches didn't know they needed to prepare for him after that performance in March, and the fact that he averaged 26/5/3 last season on 48% from the field and 44% from 3, they need to do their homework better.

After Curry's 2007 tournament appearance where he almost led 13 seed Davidson to a victory over 4 seed Maryland, I knew he was a player to watch... He had 30 points in that game, he didn't just break out last year. If coaches didn't know they needed to prepare for him after that performance in March, and the fact that he averaged 26/5/3 last season on 48% from the field and 44% from 3, they need to do their homework better.

Exactly. There is absolutely no way that Few, Thompson, Ryan, and Self didn't know what they were facing last year. And I'm sure Williams knew what he was facing in the 2007 tournament. Just because he "arrived on the seen" to the average basketball fan last year doesn't mean that the coaches across the country didn't know who he was or how good he was.

Exactly. There is absolutely no way that Few, Thompson, Ryan, and Self didn't know what they were facing last year. And I'm sure Williams knew what he was facing in the 2007 tournament. Just because he "arrived on the seen" to the average basketball fan last year doesn't mean that the coaches across the country didn't know who he was or how good he was.

:thumb:

His freshman year he averaged 21 points a game and shot 40% from 3pt. range. The next leading scorer on his team averaged 12 points. He almost led an upset of Maryland in the first round of the NCAAs.

Then his sophmore year he averaged 25 points a game and shot 44% from 3pt. range. Again the leading scorer on his team averaged 12 points a game.

Do you honestly think that the type of coaches that he faced in the NCAAs were suprised at how good he was? Not a chance, when a team only has 2 double digit scorers on it you know they gameplanned like heck to stop Curry. With the amount of video available to day coupled with the fact that he was a former NBA player's son EVERYONE on the teams he played against from the coaches to the waterboy knew who they had to stop and made their plan around him.

As previously stated Dick Vitale thinks he'll be a starting point guard in the NBA. If you want to discount that then Mark Jackson also said on NBA radio that he would be a starting point guard in the NBA because of his ability to play the point and his unlimited range.

Are we getting Doc and going back in time. I don't care what you say Reddick had a way better supporting cast which free'd him up on the wing ALOT.

Then either 1 of two things are taking place..

1 - you don't know basketball at all

2 - you didn't watch every game of Redick's career as I did....

I'll go with the latter....either way, Redick had to work very, very, very hard while playing against much more difficult competition....he was a better COLLEGE player.

Then either 1 of two things are taking place..

1 - you don't know basketball at all

2 - you didn't watch every game of Redick's career as I did....

I'll go with the latter....either way, Redick had to work very, very, very hard while playing against much more difficult competition....he was a better COLLEGE player.

You are missing the point that Curry has no where near the supporting cast that Reddick did. Put Curry on those Duke teams and he puts up just as impressive numbers.

You are missing the point that Curry has no where near the supporting cast that Reddick did. Put Curry on those Duke teams and he puts up just as impressive numbers.

...and IMO, no he wouldn't....he's shorter than JJ, and would be playing much, MUCH more difficult competion for 40 games.....