Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stephen Curry: What is his ceiling?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 74
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Curry will NOT be an all star level pg in his career, he will be an excellent role player/spot up shooter kind of like Steve Kerr but he wont be an all star, unless you count the frosh/soph all star game they have.

 

I'm with Dickie V on this one. Curry will have a great NBA career.

I'm with Dickie V on this one. Curry will have a great NBA career.

 

I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see it. The kid can play, but I don't know, we will see.

If JJ Redick can be in the NBA then Curry definitly can. :lol:

 

ARRGGGHHHHH :lol:

I disagree completely. He is an NBA player. He can handle the ball and fill it up. Also, while he takes bad shots from time to time I believe he has a very high basketball IQ as well. If JJ Redick can be in the NBA then Curry definitly can. :lol:

 

Agreed. I'd say Curry is better than Redick at this stage in the game., so if Reddick can hang in the NBA for as long as he has, I'd say Curry will be fine.

I think Stephen's NBA career will be better than JJ's, no doubt...he has way more athleticism....he will have to work on his outside shot more, even though it doesn't seem like it now....another two feet away, and taller guys all around, he will have to be a sharp, SHARP, shooter....

 

I look for him to put up about 15 ppg, 6 apg, and 2 spg....a very solid NBA career.

Agreed. I'd say Curry is better than Redick at this stage in the game.

 

NO....don't forget what JJ did in college and let that dissuade you.

NO....don't forget what JJ did in college and let that dissuade you.

 

He did alot, on a team that was WAY WAY more talented that Curry's. I'm pretty sure Reddick wasn't double teamed non stop, he wasn't because there were too many others weapons for Duke back then. Honetly, and we'll never know, so this is just one of those "what if" scenario's, but IF, Curry had even half the supporting cast that Redick did, I'd say he'd break all sorts of records and make alot more people into believers.

He did alot, on a team that was WAY WAY more talented that Curry's. I'm pretty sure Redick wasn't double teamed non stop, he wasn't because there were too many others weapons for Duke back then. Honetly, and we'll never know, so this is just one of those "what if" scenario's, but IF, Curry had even half the supporting cast that Redick did, I'd say he'd break all sorts of records and make alot more people into believers.

You really should go back.....Redick was hounded for 40 minutes, by arguably much better players than Curry faces for the bulk of a season. Often times double teamed....Redick was a two time player of the year.

You really should go back.....Redick was hounded for 40 minutes, by arguably much better players than Curry faces for the bulk of a season. Often times double teamed....Redick was a two time player of the year.

 

For sure, Duke also played way, way better teams then he's playing now as well. :thumb:

Curry shoots around 22-24 shots a game, he makes around 8-11 of those if I was guessing. He can score for sure, but Jodie Meeks, not comparing him to Curry, but he scores 24 a game to Curry's 29, in 15-17 shots. Also Curry puts up over 4 turnovers a game. I like Curry as a college player, but not as a pro..

You really should go back.....Redick was hounded for 40 minutes, by arguably much better players than Curry faces for the bulk of a season. Often times double teamed....Redick was a two time player of the year.

 

Reddick did not draw the same attention from opposing teams as Stephon has. Period.

Curry shoots around 22-24 shots a game, he makes around 8-11 of those if I was guessing. He can score for sure, but Jodie Meeks, not comparing him to Curry, but he scores 24 a game to Curry's 29, in 15-17 shots. Also Curry puts up over 4 turnovers a game. I like Curry as a college player, but not as a pro..

 

And if Curry had Patterson on his team he would have 35 a game. And Patterson would be on a much, much better team. ;)

Curry shoots around 22-24 shots a game, he makes around 8-11 of those if I was guessing. He can score for sure, but Jodie Meeks, not comparing him to Curry, but he scores 24 a game to Curry's 29, in 15-17 shots. Also Curry puts up over 4 turnovers a game. I like Curry as a college player, but not as a pro..

 

Curry gets 21 shots per game and shoots 45%

 

Meeks gets 16 shots per game and shoots 47%

 

Curry's assist-to-turnover ratio is 6.9 (6th in the nation) to 4.1

 

Meeks' assist-to-turnover ratio is 1.7 to 3.1

 

If you've seen Curry play at all, you know that as much as he's asked to do for that team and as little help he gets (from his teammates and coach), his stats are far more impressive than Meeks'. Meeks gets more open looks in a game than Curry gets in a month and his 4.1 turnovers is about average for other top assist men in the nation.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.