Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliot County's Schedule

Featured Replies

I don't think your expectations play into the making of a schedule and, yes, it really showed at the State Tournament when they had the State Champions down late in the game and really gave them their closest game of the tournament. All of your power schedules didn't seem to help the Royal's other opponents. And, for what it is worth, I am extremely confident in my information regarding the scheduling. NKy coaches should learn they may have to agree to an away game to get a home game. Some seem to believe they wouold be doing the little schools a big favor to allow them to visit the northern part of the Commonwealth, and, therefore, should not have to travel east. Mason County was willing to come to Sandy Hook and a two year series ensued.
Hmm. Interesting point.
  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see that EC had too much room to add anyone to their schedule.

 

As stated by Nets, EC HAS to play each district team twice, and then the commitments to playing EKC teams. Who wouldn't want to play in the Beach Ball Classic? Some great teams in that thing every year, not to mention a nice little vacation.

 

South Charleston WV was another good pick up Vs a top team from another state, Anderson Co is a good team, as too is Mason Co.

 

Not counting their required number of games Vs district and EKC teams, who would they want to drop to add other teams?

I don't think your expectations play into the making of a schedule and, yes, it really showed at the State Tournament when they had the State Champions down late in the game and really gave them their closest game of the tournament. All of your power schedules didn't seem to help the Royal's other opponents. And, for what it is worth, I am extremely confident in my information regarding the scheduling. NKy coaches should learn they may have to agree to an away game to get a home game. Some seem to believe they wouold be doing the little schools a big favor to allow them to visit the northern part of the Commonwealth, and, therefore, should not have to travel east. Mason County was willing to come to Sandy Hook and a two year series ensued.

 

Highlands plays Bullit East, Henry Clay, and Reading OH all away this season.

Highlands plays Bullit East, Henry Clay, and Reading OH all away this season.
Are they reciprocal? Or one trip there with no return?

Elliot does not have the luxury of some of the larger schools especially Scott Co. of, lets say having top notch players move in from year to year. So why should a school the size of E C play a schedule comparable to the bigger schools. E C plays the game as well and as hard as any team I have ever seen, so best of luck to the tiny school from Sandy Hook.

I dont care who Elliott plays. I will be pulling for the Lions. And I live nowhere close to Elliott.

Elliot does not have the luxury of some of the larger schools especially Scott Co. of, lets say having top notch players move in from year to year. So why should a school the size of E C play a schedule comparable to the bigger schools. E C plays the game as well and as hard as any team I have ever seen, so best of luck to the tiny school from Sandy Hook.
Without sounding condescending, which is not my intent, what in the world does the size of the school have to do with anything? Rose Hill went to the KOBG when OJ was here. They had a solid squad and played larger schools in larger tourneys. Sorry, but the size of the school doesn't fly.

I guess my point should have been more on the players moving in , Mayo, Dawson, and Walker were definitely not from Rosehill. As far as I know all of Elliots team are home grown.

Without sounding condescending, which is not my intent, what in the world does the size of the school have to do with anything? Rose Hill went to the KOBG when OJ was here. They had a solid squad and played larger schools in larger tourneys. Sorry, but the size of the school doesn't fly.

 

Not using size as any excuse and never have. I believe the BBC is quite comparable to the KOBG.

Has anyone considered geography as a reason? How many teams in the top 20 are less than a 2 hour bus ride from Sandy Hook? I see maybe two, GRC and Mason Co., and both are at least 1:45 by bus from Sandy Hook.....and btw, they are playing Mason Co. in the second year of a home and home. Other than those two, the next closest teams I see in the top 20 are in Lexington or Pikeville (Shelby Valley), both of which are 2+ hours by bus from Sandy Hook. I'm not from Elliott Co. so I don't know the answer to this, but I do know that some schools have placed limits on the length of road trips for sporting events due to the economy and high fuel prices. With all of that being said, I really don't understand why so many people are making such a big deal about Elliott's schedule. With all of the committments previously mentioned (district games, EKC conf. games, and All "A"), I think they have a reasonable schedule for a class A school with neutral court games against a top team from WV and a very good Anderson Co. team, the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, and a home game with Mason Co.

Again, I'm not from Elliott Co., but I have seen them play this year. I've also seen Holmes, Scott Co., Bryan Station, Ballard, Henry Clay and GRC. Regardless of Elliott's schedule, they would hold their own against any of those teams IMO.

I dont care who Elliott plays. I will be pulling for the Lions. And I live nowhere close to Elliott.

 

Agreed:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

 

Lived there growing up, Haven't seen an Elliott County game since 1982 in person. But I will always support this team and Coach Mays.

Money has not been an issue. The administration and school board have been extremely supportive during this experience and would not let travel money stand in the way. The issues are scheduling conflicts, prior commitments and the fact that a certain "big brother" attitude exists with some schools. I haven't noticed many of the urban schools making journeys east to play road games at Shelby Valley or Elliott County.

Has anyone considered geography as a reason? How many teams in the top 20 are less than a 2 hour bus ride from Sandy Hook? I see maybe two, GRC and Mason Co., and both are at least 1:45 by bus from Sandy Hook.....and btw, they are playing Mason Co. in the second year of a home and home. Other than those two, the next closest teams I see in the top 20 are in Lexington or Pikeville (Shelby Valley), both of which are 2+ hours by bus from Sandy Hook. I'm not from Elliott Co. so I don't know the answer to this, but I do know that some schools have placed limits on the length of road trips for sporting events due to the economy and high fuel prices. With all of that being said, I really don't understand why so many people are making such a big deal about Elliott's schedule. With all of the committments previously mentioned (district games, EKC conf. games, and All "A"), I think they have a reasonable schedule for a class A school with neutral court games against a top team from WV and a very good Anderson Co. team, the Beach Ball Classic in Myrtle Beach, and a home game with Mason Co.

Again, I'm not from Elliott Co., but I have seen them play this year. I've also seen Holmes, Scott Co., Bryan Station, Ballard, Henry Clay and GRC. Regardless of Elliott's schedule, they would hold their own against any of those teams IMO.

 

Duh:eek:

Elliott's schedule was a lot easier last year than it is this year. The average of victory will not be any different from a season ago. When they did go to the state tourney last year and played a state championship caliber game in the first round, they came away a loser in a nail bitter to the eventual state champion. They have tried their best to schedule the toughest teams they can with all the showcases and traveling throughout the east coast to get some exposure. But with the maturity of this team within a year it is really hard to schedule teams quickly just because they have progressed that much. I wish the schedule was tougher because I myself would love to see Elliott play the top teams in the state but everybody will get their chance and get a showcase come March when they cut down the nets.

Elliott's schedule was a lot easier last year than it is this year. The average of victory will not be any different from a season ago. When they did go to the state tourney last year and played a state championship caliber game in the first round, they came away a loser in a nail bitter to the eventual state champion. They have tried their best to schedule the toughest teams they can with all the showcases and traveling throughout the east coast to get some exposure. But with the maturity of this team within a year it is really hard to schedule teams quickly just because they have progressed that much. I wish the schedule was tougher because I myself would love to see Elliott play the top teams in the state but everybody will get their chance and get a showcase come March when they cut down the nets.

:thumb: And you forgot to mention that Elliott County played the eventual state champion closer than any other team.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.