Elliot County's Schedule

How many good instate teams want to play against Elliott County? I wonder if Rick Mays' phone was ringing off the hook all summer from teams wanting to play the Lions?

I can tell you without any inside information whatsoever that I don't think Elliott has any problem whatsoever playing against anybody in the state on any court in the state. That, of course, is just my opinion.

Might want to check with someone who has inside information. Just got off the phone with a coach I'm very close to and I can tell you there were atleast THREE nky teams who tried getting a game with EC this year and all three got told "no thanks". (All three were top 5 teams in the NKY poll...find a poll and narrow the selections down...:sssh:)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know the situation. And I understand that Elliott Co. don't want to go play the best teams on the road. And vice versa. Its just dissapointing that no one gets to see Elliott Co. against anyone in the top 10 this year.

I really don't understand everyone being so concerned about Elliott County's schedule, I really think that it's an Elliott County concern. I will go out on a limb and predict that no one outside of Elliott County will care about Elliott County's schedule in another two years. Just my opinion of course.

I really don't understand everyone being so concerned about Elliott County's schedule, I really think that it's an Elliott County concern. I will go out on a limb and predict that no one outside of Elliott County will care about Elliott County's schedule in another two years. Just my opinion of course.

Its definately the talk of the state this season :thumb:

Im not trying to bash Elliot Co by starting this thread. I just thought it was a very interesting topic. Not only for Elliot Co but for other Mountain teams that might have a great future ahead of them.

I really don't like the rule where they must play twice. This is not the case in the 33rd, 34th, 35th districts in NKY. Not they NKY is doing it better but I don't like how a majority of the schedule is played against teams that you might drum the majority of the time. IF the caliber of the team equal throughout the district it makes more sense than if one team is just dominating over the past few years.

When you're a top team in the state, you're kind of expected to play the other top teams in the state. It was showed last year that any time EC ran in to a tough opponent outside of the 16th, they lost. (Covcath, Mason Co twice) I think that's why everyone is talking about their schedule. As a fan, we like to see how the top teams do against one another to give a good analysis of where they stack up.

Also if you look at the 4 teams ahead of EC in many statewide polls, all 4 have top 10 schedules with 3 having top 5. (Holmes, Bryan Station, Scott Co)

I remember a few years ago Russellville decided not to play in the All A when they had really good teams. Its whatever a school wants to do really. I dont blame Elliott for not wanting to give up the All A. They have a really good chance of winning that thing. And bottom line, thats what every small school wants to do is get that trophy. And I agree with addout, nobody will care in 2 years about Elliotts schedule. I only hope the kids are enjoying this ride, because it only comes around every now and then for schools such as them.

Good luck to them the rest of the season.

Im not trying to bash Elliot Co by starting this thread. I just thought it was a very interesting topic. Not only for Elliot Co but for other Mountain teams that might have a great future ahead of them.

I really don't like the rule where they must play twice. This is not the case in the 33rd, 34th, 35th districts in NKY. Not they NKY is doing it better but I don't like how a majority of the schedule is played against teams that you might drum the majority of the time. IF the caliber of the team equal throughout the district it makes more sense than if one team is just dominating over the past few years.

Agree and next season, their district will be more wide open and even. So, it is what it is with them on top of the heap for now.

When you're a top team in the state, you're kind of expected to play the other top teams in the state. It was showed last year that any time EC ran in to a tough opponent outside of the 16th, they lost. (Covcath, Mason Co twice) I think that's why everyone is talking about their schedule. As a fan, we like to see how the top teams do against one another to give a good analysis of where they stack up.

Also if you look at the 4 teams ahead of EC in many statewide polls, all 4 have top 10 schedules with 3 having top 5. (Holmes, Bryan Station, Scott Co)

Those 4 teams are state powers every year. They also dont have a EKC schedule to play.

I acknowledge that you are interested in Elliott County and that you are not trying to bash them. But, this thread by it very title is going to result in a lot of negativity. I still maintain that the schedule is an Elliott County concern and none of us are in the minds of the coach. The only ones who have a right to question his decision are the Elliott County faithful and the Elliott County School Board, of course.

I don't think your expectations play into the making of a schedule and, yes, it really showed at the State Tournament when they had the State Champions down late in the game and really gave them their closest game of the tournament. All of your power schedules didn't seem to help the Royal's other opponents. And, for what it is worth, I am extremely confident in my information regarding the scheduling. NKy coaches should learn they may have to agree to an away game to get a home game. Some seem to believe they wouold be doing the little schools a big favor to allow them to visit the northern part of the Commonwealth, and, therefore, should not have to travel east. Mason County was willing to come to Sandy Hook and a two year series ensued.