Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliot County's Schedule

Featured Replies

It'd take you longer than an hour to get to Lexington on I-64. I'm guessing you mean I-75, but then again, who knows. I'm just a city boy. :rolleyes:

 

 

;)

 

My bad. I lived up there in the big city for three years. Guess I had a senior moment.:jump:

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure that it will be played in the Elliott County gym with the overflow crowd watching it on big screen in a room set up for that purpose, just like it has been done all year.

 

Thanks.

Elliott's weak schedule will hurt them come March and the All A championship trophy doesn't have their name on it yet.

Im not trying to sound condescending either, however the bigger the school the better chances you have of having a good team. Look at Elliott, throughout their history they were never a powerhouse because they were a small school. Schools like Ashland and Boyd have traditionaly been the power houses because they are large schools and can reload their rosters every year. I know that Ashalnd and Boyd have not been as good as they were in the past but they will be back on top before long, while teams like Elliott get this once in a life time team. So yes I would say the size of your school has a lot to do with how good you are even though there are exceptions from time to time. Look at who usually wins the state tourny, a big school. And I said usually not all the time.

Without sounding condescending, which is not my intent, what in the world does the size of the school have to do with anything? Rose Hill went to the KOBG when OJ was here. They had a solid squad and played larger schools in larger tourneys. Sorry, but the size of the school doesn't fly.

Yep...scheduling causes teams to win or lose games in March............unreal. I still can't believe I am reading those statements.

Elliot is playing Southside out of South Carolina here in just a few minutes. I've seen them at number 1 in the state of SC in two polls.

Im not trying to sound condescending either, however the bigger the school the better chances you have of having a good team. Look at Elliott, throughout their history they were never a powerhouse because they were a small school. Schools like Ashland and Boyd have traditionaly been the power houses because they are large schools and can reload their rosters every year. I know that Ashalnd and Boyd have not been as good as they were in the past but they will be back on top before long, while teams like Elliott get this once in a life time team. So yes I would say the size of your school has a lot to do with how good you are even though there are exceptions from time to time. Look at who usually wins the state tourny, a big school. And I said usually not all the time.

Once again, not trying to discount that larger schools obviously would have more of a pool of kids to pull from. Not the point at all. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I think Elliott can compete with larger schools from time to time. Obviously not as consistently due to #'s. However, from a small school pt. of view, why schedule the away game without getting a return trip?

Once again, not trying to discount that larger schools obviously would have more of a pool of kids to pull from. Not the point at all. Perhaps I wasn't clear. I think Elliott can compete with larger schools from time to time. Obviously not as consistently due to #'s. However, from a small school pt. of view, why schedule the away game without getting a return trip?

 

Amen Spindoc!!

Holmes is a great team, and, no doubt, top 3 in the state. I find it amusing that Elliott is being criticized for schedule while at one of the top national tournaments while Holmes travelled less than 10 miles to win the Lloyd Invitational. I would bet the percentage of in-region opponents is about the same for both schools. You can't really help it when your region is down.

I think Elliott will be fine. They are easily one of the top handful of teams in the state. If a team beats them in the state tournament, it will not be because of strength of schedule, or EC playing poorly, or the refs or any excuse. It will be because that team is better at that point in time. EC's schedule may not be Scott County's but it's not that bad really. I would have like to have watched them play SC, Holmes, Station etc., but we will have to wait until state. THe schedules not going to be changed so why debate it? I think if a team is to discredit Elliott during the state tournament the Lions will send them home in a blow out. I think if Elliott thinks that they can just walk out on the floor and be handed a game come tournament time, they will be sent home (and that may include in the 16th region tournament).

I think Elliott will be fine. They are easily one of the top handful of teams in the state. If a team beats them in the state tournament, it will not be because of strength of schedule, or EC playing poorly, or the refs or any excuse. It will be because that team is better at that point in time. EC's schedule may not be Scott County's but it's not that bad really. I would have like to have watched them play SC, Holmes, Station etc., but we will have to wait until state. THe schedules not going to be changed so why debate it? I think if a team is to discredit Elliott during the state tournament the Lions will send them home in a blow out. I think if Elliott thinks that they can just walk out on the floor and be handed a game come tournament time, they will be sent home (and that may include in the 16th region tournament).

 

Could not agree with you more.

Holmes is a great team, and, no doubt, top 3 in the state. I find it amusing that Elliott is being criticized for schedule while at one of the top national tournaments while Holmes travelled less than 10 miles to win the Lloyd Invitational. I would bet the percentage of in-region opponents is about the same for both schools. You can't really help it when your region is down.

 

Didn't Holmes also win the Defenders of the Station tournament the week end before where they knocked off TWO top 10 teams in 3 nights while also beating Tates Creek by around 30??

 

I don't see how anyone can question Holmes schedule when they've played four games alone in December against top 10 competition while also knocking off two #1 ranked teams. (Scott Co and Bryan Station)

 

Again, I don't see what Holmes has to do with EC's schedule?? :confused::sleep:

Didn't Holmes also win the Defenders of the Station tournament the week end before where they knocked off TWO top 10 teams in 3 nights while also beating Tates Creek by around 30??

 

I don't see how anyone can question Holmes schedule when they've played four games alone in December against top 10 competition while also knocking off two #1 ranked teams. (Scott Co and Bryan Station)

 

Again, I don't see what Holmes has to do with EC's schedule?? :confused::sleep:

 

This coming from the guy that works daily to take cheap shots at Elliott County :thumb:

Holmes plays a good schedule. Just pointing out maybe you shouldn't be so down on Elliott's. It really isn't too shabby.

Holmes plays a good schedule. Just pointing out maybe you shouldn't be so down on Elliott's. It really isn't too shabby.

 

I'm more of a Rowan fan, but I am pleased to see how good Elliott really is. I think trashing Elliott's schedule is a modernistic method of easing fear.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.