Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliot County's Schedule

Featured Replies

Without sounding condescending, which is not my intent, what in the world does the size of the school have to do with anything? Rose Hill went to the KOBG when OJ was here. They had a solid squad and played larger schools in larger tourneys. Sorry, but the size of the school doesn't fly.

 

I believe RoseHill is a private school and somehow can afford many more "perks" for their players. I can tell you from personal observation that a RoseHill bus makes a trip to Grayson everyday so money doesn't seem to be as much of an issue for them as it would a small, rural, public school.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might want to check with someone who has inside information. Just got off the phone with a coach I'm very close to and I can tell you there were atleast THREE nky teams who tried getting a game with EC this year and all three got told "no thanks". (All three were top 5 teams in the NKY poll...find a poll and narrow the selections down...:sssh:)

 

Hmm, I also have some very close sources in the 10th that leaked the same story to me regarding match ups with a few 10th region teams.:rolleyes:

I acknowledge that you are interested in Elliott County and that you are not trying to bash them. But, this thread by it very title is going to result in a lot of negativity. I still maintain that the schedule is an Elliott County concern and none of us are in the minds of the coach. The only ones who have a right to question his decision are the Elliott County faithful and the Elliott County School Board, of course.

 

 

How in the world is the title "Elliott County's Schedule" going to result in negativity by its very nature? The only reason it's going to be negative is because everybody knows Elliott County doesn't play the best of the best.

 

Whether that is their decision or not, I do not know. And quite frankly, I don't care; however, I do think it will hurt them in the longrun.

Didn't seem to hurt to much in today's game. Great win against a team that was clearly as athletic as anyone in the state. The schedule is fine and Elliott will do fine. I'm still wondering why none of the golden triangle schools have agreed to come to Elliott or Shelby Valley and play. Might hurt them in March!!!

Didn't seem to hurt to much in today's game. Great win against a team that was clearly as athletic as anyone in the state. The schedule is fine and Elliott will do fine. I'm still wondering why none of the golden triangle schools have agreed to come to Elliott or Shelby Valley and play. Might hurt them in March!!!

 

:thumb:

Didn't seem to hurt to much in today's game. Great win against a team that was clearly as athletic as anyone in the state. The schedule is fine and Elliott will do fine. I'm still wondering why none of the golden triangle schools have agreed to come to Elliott or Shelby Valley and play. Might hurt them in March!!!

 

What exactly does "it might hurt them in March" mean?

:thumb: And you forgot to mention that Elliott County played the eventual state champion closer than any other team.

 

 

Your statement, is not quite true.....unless your are just talking about in the State Tourney, but in the regular season....








Bryan Station beat Mason County 65-54

Scott County beat Mason County 76-64

LexCath beat Mason County 79-69

I believe RoseHill is a private school and somehow can afford many more "perks" for their players. I can tell you from personal observation that a RoseHill bus makes a trip to Grayson everyday so money doesn't seem to be as much of an issue for them as it would a small, rural, public school.

I can tell you that couldn't be farther from the truth. And for the record, I was arguing in favor of Elliott's schedule. Not against it. Stating that size of the school doesn't matter when making the schedule and shouldn't be an excuse. I wasn't comparing the teams of RH vs. Elliott. Please let's not ride that horse. Everyone from Elliott can put the antennae down.:thumb:

Are they reciprocal? Or one trip there with no return?

 

Reading and Henry Clay played at HHS last year. Bullit East was on a neutral court.

Reading and Henry Clay played at HHS last year. Bullit East was on a neutral court.

 

I dont think you actually answered his question.

Reading and Henry Clay played at HHS last year. Bullit East was on a neutral court.

Well, if schools want a one and done with Elliott making the trip, if I were Mayes I'd pass as well. Sounds like your team has a two way agreement with the teams you travel to this season. Quid pro quo.

I dont think you actually answered his question.

 

He asked if these were reciprical games. They are.

Cov-Holmes, Scott Co, Jeffersontown and the other schools that would beat Elloitt county (not my words) oh and not CAN beat them cause the list would be too long then. But my question is how many miles do those schools travel to an opponents home floor? Too much time for me to lookup, but you guys have an idea and be honest.

Well, if schools want a one and done with Elliott making the trip, if I were Mayes I'd pass as well. Sounds like your team has a two way agreement with the teams you travel to this season. Quid pro quo.

 

I responded to a post that suggested NKY coaches did not want a reciprical situation with other state teams. Just contradicting that post with fact. Thank you.:thumb:

Didn't seem to hurt to much in today's game. Great win against a team that was clearly as athletic as anyone in the state. The schedule is fine and Elliott will do fine. I'm still wondering why none of the golden triangle schools have agreed to come to Elliott or Shelby Valley and play. Might hurt them in March!!!

 

I have to agree. That was a very athletic and deep team that Elliott beat by 8 points today. I would count today's game as a very quality win.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.