Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliot County's Schedule

Featured Replies

Holmes plays a good schedule. Just pointing out maybe you shouldn't be so down on Elliott's. It really isn't too shabby.

 

The only thing I've ever said is EC played in a weak region and that I'd like to see how they do against top 10 competition that other teams are playing. There's nothing wrong with that and doesn't mean I'm being negative about them. It's just my opinion. A LOT of fans around the state feel the same way. You can ask Mrs. Hoops 69, whom I talk to a lot...I really like this EC team and their players.

 

EC plays quality opponents out of region. I don't think I've ever said they didn't. I just don't understand how some can claim that EVERY team that EC beats out of state is as good or better than other top 5 and top 10 teams in KY when the majority of the folks have yet to see all of the top 10 and top 5 teams THIS YEAR.

 

Again, good luck to Elliott Co. the rest of the year, and hopefully we have a chance to meet somewhere down the road.

  • Replies 132
  • Views 12.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching the 5th place game in Myrtle Beach and they called Elliott "the number one team in Kentucky..." :lol:

The only thing I've ever said is EC played in a weak region and that I'd like to see how they do against top 10 competition that other teams are playing. There's nothing wrong with that and doesn't mean I'm being negative about them. It's just my opinion. A LOT of fans around the state feel the same way. You can ask Mrs. Hoops 69, whom I talk to a lot...I really like this EC team and their players.

 

EC plays quality opponents out of region. I don't think I've ever said they didn't. I just don't understand how some can claim that EVERY team that EC beats out of state is as good or better than other top 5 and top 10 teams in KY.

 

You MAY get your chance to see how Elliott County plays against teams in the Kentucky top 10 in the state tournament. Be patient, good things come to those who wait.

You MAY get your chance to see how Elliott County plays against teams in the Kentucky top 10 in the state tournament. Be patient, good things come to those who wait.

 

:thumb:

Arlington Country Day is leading Cedar Hill by 1-point with 4.0 seconds remaining in the 5th place game. Its been a great finish. Just and FYI...

I was just watching the 5th place game in Myrtle Beach and they called Elliott "the number one team in Kentucky..." :lol:

 

 

I saw that too. I figured if Eto Rho was watching he was having a fit....;)

I saw that too. I figured if Eto Rho was watching he was having a fit....;)

 

Na...I've FINALLY learned to just let my team do their talking on the court. They have proved themselves, so no need to debate who's #1 anymore because what really matters is who's #1 after the last game in March. :thumb: ;)

I was just watching the 5th place game in Myrtle Beach and they called Elliott "the number one team in Kentucky..." :lol:

 

 

:lol: I hate when announcers try to be comedians.:laugh:

Edited by Baseballguy

Scott Co played possibly the toughest schedule in the state last year and didnt even make it to the state tourney. NOT slamming them just making a point that Nets has been trying to get across for about a month now. Elliott's schedule will have nothing to do with how they fare in KHSAA Sweet 16, IF they make it there. IF a tough schedule does really help they will be fine because theirs is tough enough.

Scott Co played possibly the toughest schedule in the state last year and didnt even make it to the state tourney. NOT slamming them just making a point that Nets has been trying to get across for about a month now. Elliott's schedule will have nothing to do with how they fare in KHSAA Sweet 16, IF they make it there. IF a tough schedule does really help they will be fine because theirs is tough enough.

 

Amen Brother:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper:

Scott Co played possibly the toughest schedule in the state last year and didnt even make it to the state tourney. NOT slamming them just making a point that Nets has been trying to get across for about a month now. Elliott's schedule will have nothing to do with how they fare in KHSAA Sweet 16, IF they make it there. IF a tough schedule does really help they will be fine because theirs is tough enough.

 

Couldn't agree more.:thumb:

Scott Co played possibly the toughest schedule in the state last year and didnt even make it to the state tourney. NOT slamming them just making a point that Nets has been trying to get across for about a month now. Elliott's schedule will have nothing to do with how they fare in KHSAA Sweet 16, IF they make it there. IF a tough schedule does really help they will be fine because theirs is tough enough.

 

You have just burst the bubble for everyone in the state! What on earth will the rest of the state now have to to whine about on BGP?

Scott Co played possibly the toughest schedule in the state last year and didnt even make it to the state tourney. NOT slamming them just making a point that Nets has been trying to get across for about a month now. Elliott's schedule will have nothing to do with how they fare in KHSAA Sweet 16, IF they make it there. IF a tough schedule does really help they will be fine because theirs is tough enough.

 

A. It DOES help to play a tough schedule; I would hope we could agree on that, for the same reason that when kids are small you want them to play against good competition. It makes you a better player to play against good competition.

 

B. JUST playing a tough schedule, without success, is obviously not enough. A tiny "A" school gettting drilled by big schools every night isn't going to make a run in March. Again, I would have thought that to be obvious.

 

C. Scott County had a tough schedule and high expectations last year and didn't achieve them. But I would submit it would have been different if they had had a Mr. Basketball in their lineup - which is what they were counting on until Bud Mackey's problems surfaced. Using the fact that Scott Co. played a tough schedule "and didn't even get to the state tourney" as some sort of justification to not play a tough schedule seems a little disconnected to me.

Elliott's weak schedule will hurt them come March and the All A championship trophy doesn't have their name on it yet.

 

Their so-called "weak schedule" hasn't hurt them in March the last 2 seasons.

Their so-called "weak schedule" hasn't hurt them in March the last 2 seasons.

 

Maybe not against good teams it didn't. Your telling me that there weak schedule didn't hurt them against Mason County when they blew a 7 point lead in the last minute of the game? They did not know how to close out a tough opponent, plain and simple, and that comes back to getting experience doing it in the regular season.:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.