Class 6A: Trinity 48 Simon Kenton 0

Birdsfan

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously would like some proof of the singing "hey hey hey, goodbye." We were sitting on the 30 yard line on the Trinity side, and heard no such thing...

Dude, I was a hardcore Trinity fan in this game... I sat on T's side and yelled and cheered and everything. But I did hear the "hey hey hey goodbye". They only chanted for like 5 seconds... I guess some administration from Trinity cut it out?

As far as the hit... I agree.. It was clean and the SK fans overreacted on the Trinity players.

Dude, I was a hardcore Trinity fan in this game... I sat on T's side and yelled and cheered and everything. But I did hear the "hey hey hey goodbye". They only chanted for like 5 seconds... I guess some administration from Trinity cut it out?

As far as the hit... I agree.. It was clean and the SK fans overreacted on the Trinity players.

Where were you sitting? Was it the students? As I said we were on the 30 yard line, closest to the open end, and we didn't hear it...

With all of this back and forth between private school vs. public school, makes me want to say this to all the 6A fans who are pouting about Trinity being private. What about the 1A schools??? Beechwood just won their 11th state title. However, I am pretty sure Beechwood is an independent school, which means any athlete from anywhere if they want to pay, can go to Beechwood. 6A schools should be able to compete with X and T because they get a huge pool of young men to pull from. How do the smaller schools such as Bellevue, Gallatin, Trimble, Frankfort, etc compete with Beechwood?? I believe the only team to give them a run for their money is LCA, which has to be a private school (Lex Christian). I played my high school ball in Louisville against the Shamrocks and I agree they are an efficient football machine, but can you blame them??? If there is an argument about unfairness in a state title game, look to your smaller classes it's OBVIOUS!!!

Where were you sitting? Was it the students? As I said we were on the 30 yard line, closest to the open end, and we didn't hear it...

Yeah, I sit at the very end of the Trinity side towards the scoreboard closest to the field. I believe it was students. It was very brief and easy to miss.

You must not have seen nor heard the police cruisers and firetrucks along with some fans wishing the Pioneers good luck as they left. Also, there were several signs on the way down 71 wishing SK good luck. Oh yeah, and a final thing, the SK fans out-numbered the very local Trinity fans so I wouldn't question the support.

I've heard the fans travel well, and I'm not questioning their support. However, did you see any support throughout the week from local businesses and such? Drive through Ft. Thomas, Ft. Mitchell, Newport, Union, etc during the week of the state championships and you'll see signs all over wishing the team well. I ran into Ace and Kroger's yesterday, and not a single sign on any of the businesses along that stretch, along with the downtown area.

I'm sure that it was not malicious or intentional, but someone please tell me why it took 5 minutes before the Trinity sidelines took a knee and the Trinity team on the field NEVER took a knee? I found it disturbing to hear the Trinity cheerleaders and the Trinity fans singing "Hey, Hey, Hey..... GOODBYE" as our player was being wheeled off the field on a stretcher to the ambulance. The Simon Kenton players immediately took a knee, not for their quarterback that was down..............but for their FRIEND!

That's funny, I was sitting on the Trinity side, and didn't hear that...

Actually I was sitting in the third row not far from the action and I DID hear our student section do that. I was thought it was very tasteless on the part of the students to do that.

As for Trinity i'm very disappointed in their fans and some the players actions on the field. Like the blow to head hit on SK's QB that was an unnecessary hit when he was already being brought to the ground. Specially when you are up by 4 touchdowns in the first half.

PLEASE - Don't embarass yourself or SK's Team -

Just let X and T play in the state game. The only thing this plus 1 format is doing is showing how flawed the system is and wasting a lot of peoples time.

Just let T and X play 15 weeks straight then, the team with the most wins wins the championship. come get serious.

Just let X and T play in the state game. The only thing this plus 1 format is doing is showing how flawed the system is and wasting a lot of peoples time.

Why should 2 teams from the same city play against each other in the State Championship? To me, that would be a flawed system.

Actually I was sitting in the third row not far from the action and I DID hear our student section do that. I was thought it was very tasteless on the part of the students to do that.

Come on people!

Don't have a bone in this one but you can't tell me that EVERY school doesn't have a few teenagers that will act like idiots!! Doesn't mean it's right and I guarantee you if a THS adult representative was there it would have been stopped immediately, just as with every other school!

The "Chant" is an urban legend. Could one or two idiots have done it? Sure, but there was no student body chant. I sat just to the left of the student section with my family - none of us heard anything like that... and if I had I would have told the kids to stick a sock in it. I am glad to hear the injury is nothing worse. The Trinity family wishes a speedy recovery and I hope SK saw the standing ovation that was given when he left the field. Taking a knee is a respectful jesture, I thought all T players did for a while then the starters began losening up as it took several minutes. Staying loose prevented the chance of more injuries in my mind. There was NO disrespect. No team likes to lose, it's human nature to find things to focus frustration on. SK is emerging into one of the elite schools. I saw this coming years ago and continue to wish them the best. Part of being a champion is dealing with defeat. It was not fun when X rolled us earlier this year, but the way back is looking in the mirror. SK did this to a great extent with Boone this year. As the final seconds ticked off the clock the SK players danced with joy. I would think next year if they are in the final game (and it's a good chance they could be) if they see defeat they won't be happy just to have been there. Growing pains - yes, but again hats off to SK for being bold enough to wanna grow and not sit back and refuse to play. I'll step off the soap box now.

You must not have seen nor heard the police cruisers and firetrucks along with some fans wishing the Pioneers good luck as they left. Also, there were several signs on the way down 71 wishing SK good luck. Oh yeah, and a final thing, the SK fans out-numbered the very local Trinity fans so I wouldn't question the support.

Saw the signs going down to broadcast the game myself. We commented on how many folks were there to support the Pioneers. Simon Kenton got a taste of the big time. They'll use that to work that much harder to get right back there.

BTW, the game audio and pictures from the game are up on our site.