How does St. X compare?

TigerX

I know National Polls don't mean a whole lot, but X has run through KY pretty well this year and has been firing on all cylinders. How would this year's St. X squad match-up against the Cincinnatti, Tennessee, and other regional powers?

Colerain would be very difficult for any team to play and prepare for. They run triple option on offense, with huge line splits. They isolate your defenders and block very well with big and quick linemen. They only run triple option , but they can do 3 things to you every play, and they do all three very well. They do not pass very well but when they do they usually catch the linebackers napping and hit a quick pass over the middle, with good recievers who can run after the catch.

I think St X (KY) could definitely play with them and score on them . I would say the game would be a push. Colerain has an advantage because you dont play against this type of offense much if at all. Their defense is very good but not great. Their offense does put the ball on the ground but they usually recover their fumbles. This would be an interesting matchup IMO.

I don't think they are as good as Elder; Elder appears to be quicker and they are more dynamic at the WR position, but it would be a very good game.

Well, we agree on something.....:ylsuper:

Elder has played a much tougher schedule than what Lou St. X has played (IMO) so I will balance my scales on the Elder side besides agreeing with Mr. Reality on his thoughts on Cin Elder.

Come on out to CovCath on Saturday November 8 @ 1:00pm to see Lou St. X take on the Colonels.....

Talk about a tough and brutal schedule for CovCath this season, Cin Elder and Lou St. X.... :thumb:

I don't know how good the other state powers are as I haven't seen enough of them to know. But I do know this. St X has been fielding much stronger teams this decade than in the last and in the 90's they were still very dominate. People say a lot about 6A being down, and this year I would agree to an extent, but I really don't think the rest of the programs have dropped so much as the programs at X and T have elevated. When I played, late 90's, many public schools had a speed advantage on X, this advantage has disappeared. I don't know how and I don't know why that happened but it seems to be the case.

While I can't say that I know St X would play with anyone in the nation, I wouldn't be shocked if they could.

I don't think they are as good as Elder; Elder appears to be quicker and they are more dynamic at the WR position, but it would be a very good game.

Boy, I hope CovCath's coaches don't take that approach to the game. I guess CovCath will find out next week. We can use the scoring method to see who's better.:D

Based upon what I have seen on TV this year, I think St.X could play with anyone. When you play the kind of disiplined defense that X plays combined with error free football as well as the number of players in the rotation as well as talent you can play with anyone.

Massey's computer index currently has X as the second best team in the country. Lowell in Michigan is the top squad. On Massey's predictor, he has X as a two point underdog to them at a neutral site. He's predicting a 50-3 win against Central. Thus far X has beaten the predicted spread, which is why I think they're so high, but I just don't see them doing that this week. Given the likely non-cover, I think this may be the high water mark for the Tigers in Massey's ratings, unless they're able to run the table in the playoffs convincingly.

Massey's computer index currently has X as the second best team in the country. Lowell in Michigan is the top squad. On Massey's predictor, he has X as a two point underdog to them at a neutral site. He's predicting a 50-3 win against Central. Thus far X has beaten the predicted spread, which is why I think they're so high, but I just don't see them doing that this week. Given the likely non-cover, I think this may be the high water mark for the Tigers in Massey's ratings, unless they're able to run the table in the playoffs convincingly.

50-3 is not going to happen so St.X will likely drop next week!