Sen. Biden Guarantees an International Crisis if Obama is Elected

Senator Gaffe, I mean Biden, guarantees that an Obaba win will precipitate an international crisis within six months. I agree with Biden's assessment. America's enemies will test an Obama administration because of Obama's inexperience. I am tempted to say that I am shocked by Biden's admission but I would be lying.

Biden to Supporters: "Gird Your Loins", For the Next President "It's Like Cleaning Augean Stables"

ABC News' Matthew Jaffe Reports: Sen. Joe Biden, D-Del., on Sunday guaranteed that if elected, Sen. Barack Obama., D-Ill., will be tested by an international crisis within his first six months in power and he will need supporters to stand by him as he makes tough, and possibly unpopular, decisions.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

"I can give you at least four or five scenarios from where it might originate," Biden said to Emerald City supporters, mentioning the Middle East and Russia as possibilities. "And he's gonna need help. And the kind of help he's gonna need is, he's gonna need you - not financially to help him - we're gonna need you to use your influence, your influence within the community, to stand with him. Because it's not gonna be apparent initially, it's not gonna be apparent that we're right."

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I posted it as sarcasm, but you know that had one of us said the exact same thing we certainly would have been accused of it.

I have to say that I agree 100% with Biden on 2 things.

1. Obama is not qualified to be president.

2. Some nutjob WILL test him.

Is this the Biden version of gametime's "mark it down?"

Did you just confuse GT and 98? I'm surprised we haven't seen a few Word Filter Violations yet.

Given the state of the global economy, the instability of several areas of the world, I believe Biden is correct. McCain can expect the same if elected.

I think the article says that Biden implied that the international crisis would be generated intentionally to test Obama

The scary part of the statement to be is the implication that "we will have to accept certain things" while Obama deals with these would-be terrorists. What are those things? Why does Biden say this? What has he heard? Why haven't these alleged groups attacked with Bush in office? What makes Obama's Presidency different?

A lot of red flags here.

Did you just confuse GT and 98? I'm surprised we haven't seen a few Word Filter Violations yet.

I think the article says that Biden implied that the international crisis would be generated intentionally to test Obama

Yes, I meant 98.

I now owe GT something, dangit.

Unless Biden is suggesting that terrorists and/or unfriendly countries will test Obama because of racism, I believe that he is saying that Obama will be tested because of his inexperience.

Biden seems to oscillate wildly between dishonesty and extreme honesty. I believe that he is telling the truth in this instance but I cannot understand why. It seems awfully late in the game for Obama to replace Biden with Hillary.

1. It will happen.

2. It will be blamed on Bush.

3. It will not be because of racism... unless O's Sec. of State or Press Sec. forwards that as an explanation.

4. It will have everything to do with O's inexperience... but not for the stated reasons of "testing" him like Kennedy or Reagan.

5. It will have more to do with the fact that O and Biden as Senators are already on record for demanding a fixed withdrawal date for troops in Iraq regardless of the progress or conditions on the ground there. The inexperience of telegraphing our punches will prove fatal... at least for some Americans.

6. This too will be blamed on Bush.

7. They are both on record as opposing the Iraq war… a sign of weakness among Middle Eastern Terror groups.

8. It will have to do with O's published statements that he would prefer to "sit down and negotiate" with terrorists and enemies rather than “rushing into war.” Some bunch of kooks comes along, blindsides us, and they may be reassured that we will first sit down and chat with them before we retaliate. We compassionately get at the bottom of what’s eating on them, say we understand, they apologize, we do to. Everyone goes their separate ways until the next group emboldened by the first does the same. But because they are different from the first group, we go through the same thing again and again... but hey, 95% of all Americans will be getting a "tax cut."

:thumb:

1. It will happen.

2. It will be blamed on Bush.

3. It will not be because of racism... unless O's Sec. of State or Press Sec. forwards that as an explanation.

4. It will have everything to do with O's inexperience... but not for the stated reasons of "testing" him like Kennedy or Reagan.

5. It will have more to do with the fact that O and Biden as Senators are already on record for demanding a fixed withdrawal date for troops in Iraq regardless of the progress or conditions on the ground there. The inexperience of telegraphing our punches will prove fatal... at least for some Americans.

6. This too will be blamed on Bush.

7. They are both on record as opposing the Iraq war… a sign of weakness among Middle Eastern Terror groups.

8. It will have to do with O's published statements that he would prefer to "sit down and negotiate" with terrorists and enemies rather than “rushing into war.” Some bunch of kooks comes along, blindsides us, and they may be reassured that we will first sit down and chat with them before we retaliate. We compassionately get at the bottom of what’s eating on them, say we understand, they apologize, we do to. Everyone goes their separate ways until the next group emboldened by the first does the same. But because they are different from the first group, we go through the same thing again and again... but hey, 95% of all Americans will be getting a "tax cut."

:thumb:

Sounds like a great plan. How much of a tax cut?