Palin doesn't know what VP does

The big thing IMO is the VP stands by preparing to lead in the unfortunate event the Pres kicks the bucket.

The fact that the Dems continue to contrast their #1 to the Reps #2 is hilarious to me. Obama isn't in the race to be VP, but the fact that Palin could eventually be Pres is apparently real enough for the Dems to persist along these lines.

In this event, Palin is more qualified to lead than Obama or Biden.

Obama himself compared his management of his campaign to Palin's experience as mayor of a small town in Alaska. The deception here is that Palin didn't jump straight from Mayor to VP candidate... she is actually governor of an entire state, not just a mayor of a small town of 9,000.

Comparing actual apples-to-apples, Palin's responsibilities as Governor of Alaska dwarf Omama's experience managing his campaign.

Obama claims a monthly campaign budget of $25 million. Alaska's monthly state budget is over $1 billion. A 40 to 1 ratio in favor of Palin.

Obama cited his management of 2,500 or so campaign employees. Palin was responsible for over 50,000 as Governor of Alaska. 20 to 1 in favor of Palin.

If by Obama's own standards, Palin has been entrusted with at least 20 times more responsibility, she is easily more qualified to be either VP or Pres than Obama or Biden. :thumb:

The nomination of Palin is only serving to accentuate the inexperience of Obama, and Obama is falling for it hook, line and sinker.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recall Obama saying that he had not yet learned where the restroom was when he was asked about a possible presidential run. Does anybody believe that he did not know where the bathroom was?
Or that he'd be able to figure out how to use it once he did find it... :lol:

This is all very silly.

Everyone remembers that the VP is the president of the Senate but, many people forget that the VP is in charge of NASA!! These things, along with being the person in the administration tabbed to attend many meaningless foreign meetings and funerals, there is plenty for the VP to do. I think it was John Adams that said the VP should be addressed as Your Superflouis(sp?) Honor or something to that affect!!

Or that he'd be able to figure out how to use it once he did find it... :lol:

This is all very silly.

Agreed. This is a VERY bad argument for the Dems to make, but they keep harping on it and nothing else. I honestly think this shows what a great pick she is because they Dems can't seem to get off this shaky ground. They know that's all they have but don't realize it just accentuates one of Obama's MANY flaws.

:banana::banana:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Thank you John McCain.

For the record, I love your avatar Hoopy. I don't know who the wild eyed character is, but he reminds me of a couple of my college roommates. :lol:

...on Friday night anyway... they never looked like that Monday morning. :lol:

Reckon "Good Old Barrak" has a FULL understanding of what THE president does? Only difference is, he never said it out loud. If he wins, we'll see soon enough that talk is talk and he has no clue.

She has more executive government experience than just about the two Dems put together.

Reckon "Good Old Barrak" has a FULL understanding of what THE president does? Only difference is, he never said it out loud. If he wins, we'll see soon enough that talk is talk and he has no clue.

She has more executive government experience than just about the two Dems put together.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but JFK didn't have much, if any, executive experience either.

Abraham Lincoln had no executive experience, John Q. Adams had no executive experience, and neither did James Madison.

How much "executive experience" does John McCain have?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but JFK didn't have much, if any, executive experience either.

Abraham Lincoln had no executive experience, John Q. Adams had no executive experience, and neither did James Madison.

How much "executive experience" does John McCain have?

None. I mean, unless you consider his Lt. Commander rank, but I am not sure that is equal.

I, for one, prefer executive experience. I am not voting on it this election, and I am not saying that there have not been (or will not be) good Presidents with no executive experience. Just saying that it is a more appropriate type of experience then legislative.

Your points (though perfectly valid) will carry no weight with the folks who have made up their mind that Palin's scant 20 months in significant elected office and education qualify her to step in and run the most powerful nation on earth. "Executive experience" is the buzzword you will hear, even though there is plenty of precedent for successful Commanders in Chief with zero "executive experience". I wonder how many U.S. Vice Presidents have been elected with such a thin resume as Palin.

I wonder how many U.S. Vice Presidents have been elected with such a thin resume as Palin.

Look, I know it has been said again and again, and maybe I missed the response, so let me here it one more time.

How many U.S. Presidents have been elected with such a thin resume as Palin?

And if you have an answer of a single President, then why is Palin's resume such a big concern?

And I am going to put the numbers next to each other:

Obama- In politics for 11 years. In significant politics for 11 years. Entering a job as leader of the free world.

Palin- In politics for 16 years. In significant politics for 5 years. Entering a job not as leader of the free world, but one heartbeat away.

The numbers look similar to me. And this is someone who doesn't care about experience.....