Brossart Progress

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kids are doing well and are taking to the new coaches real well. A lot of them say they are not use to doing the things they are doing this year which is a good sign.

Good to hear that things are going well with the new coaching staff. I think they will find that their 2nd choice for the job will turn out to be a much better choice then the coach that they originally pursued as one new school will probably soon discover in a very short amount of time. Go Mustangs!!!

Has anyone else heard this....through a friend of a friend kind of deal, I heard that Brossart is practicing only 2hrs. a day?! Is that true?

What is wrong with only practicing two hours a day.

Maybe Coach Reinhart (sp) feels that what they need to be successful! With a program a young as Brossart's, maybe only having one practice will attract more kids.

Edited by kydlineguy
My grammer is terrible!

Has anyone else heard this....through a friend of a friend kind of deal, I heard that Brossart is practicing only 2hrs. a day?! Is that true?

I am a football coach in Texas and I used to coach in Ky. We went to the state title game last year in Texas. We practiced 2 hours a day with the exception of 2 a days (4 hrs because there were two practices a day) and the week of the state title game (2 and a half hrs that week).

If you have an organized coaching staff, dedicated players and a unified effort two hours is enough to get the job done.

I am a football coach in Texas and I used to coach in Ky. We went to the state title game last year in Texas. We practiced 2 hours a day with the exception of 2 a days (4 hrs because there were two practices a day) and the week of the state title game (2 and a half hrs that week).

If you have an organized coaching staff, dedicated players and a unified effort two hours is enough to get the job done.

:thumb:Agree, 2 hours per practice is plenty with coaches that know what they are doing. You start to lose a kids attention after that.

I disagree. Especially with the inexperience that Brossart has on their roster, more time is needed. Even if the coaches are organized, you are still limiting the time that kids have to learn and get used to football.

I disagree. Especially with the inexperience that Brossart has on their roster, more time is needed. Even if the coaches are organized, you are still limiting the time that kids have to learn and get used to football.

I have to agree with that. The more you practice the better you will be. In addition, spending so much time practicing helps to build the "brotherhood" that teams need to play together.

Brossant had the greatest fan base I have seen in a long time last year. I am sure they will turn out in droves again this year. Good luck to the Mustangs!

I have to agree with that. The more you practice the better you will be. In addition, spending so much time practicing helps to build the "brotherhood" that teams need to play together.

Brossant had the greatest fan base I have seen in a long time last year. I am sure they will turn out in droves again this year. Good luck to the Mustangs!

:confused:Please..I haven't met a football coach yet that had anything worthwhile to say after 2 hours.

B2R is right on!!!! Have you haerd that old saying, "fatigue makes cowards of us all".....As a coach, if you cant cover all aspects of the game within 2.5 hours something is wrong. When these young men get tired, they get lazy and thats when injuries occurr. The Tangs may need 2 practices a day but the length of practice definitely needs to be around 2 hours. Good luck and hopefully the new staff can get things turned around!!!!