Pulley gets minor wrist slap

RowdyRedRam

As it stands now Pulley is guilty of speeding and received a diversion in the marijuana case (which is not an admission of guilt)... I don't think any team in America would dismiss him for what he's been found guilty for...

He was charged with speeding, driving witha suspended license and no registration... and the drug charge.

http://www.wlextv.com/global/story.asp?s=8737818

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Opening statement …

“First, I want to address Will Fidler’s situation. Will will be disciplined in-house, no suspension or loss of playing time. Will has been an outstanding young man and the circumstances were a little ‘iffy’ if you will. He shouldn’t have been in the situation, but it wasn’t something that he started. The situation with Curtis; found out last week, on Friday actually, the day of (SEC) Media Day. There will be in-house discipline as well as loss of playing time. That will be determined sometime within the next two to three weeks, but at this time I’m not ready to make that decision. Obviously Mike Hartline goes into fall camp now with the lead over Curtis Pulley. But that decision on who will start will be on the field, not off the field. We’ll go forward with it, dispense the discipline as I see fit at the proper time.”

On the possibility that Pulley might miss the opening game …

“That means that he could miss games, or a game, or parts of games. I’m not ruling that out. He’s lost a little ground. He doesn’t go in (to preseason practice) flat dead even (with Hartline). He’s got some ground to make up with his teammates and his coaches.”

FIrst, I told you the Fidler situation was iffy and some pooh-poohed it.

Let the Puley situation play out...there are some questions there as well.

It is not the speeding, it is the issue of speeding with a suspended license, and no registration (which were the charges) a month after being charged for possesion of a drug. Notice a pattern

I haven't ever said he should be dismissed. But I think it is bush league to draw out the suspension of an individual, for the betterment of the team. If you are guilty, you are guilty and should be punished for it.

He was charged with speeding, driving witha suspended license and no registration... and the drug charge.

http://www.wlextv.com/global/story.asp?s=8737818

But the driving with a suspended license was dismissed so that shouldn't be an issue, should it?

But the driving with a suspended license was dismissed so that shouldn't be an issue, should it?

Not now..;)

Now he is down to three charges in a month.

It will be two shortly, the other thing will obviously get dropped too.

For the record, I don't think he will be kicked off the team, but is walking a very tight rope. I think he should be suspended 3-4 games.

Edited by LCPATS

Not now..;)

For the record, I don't think he will be kicked off the team, but is walking a very tight rope. I think he should be suspended 3-4 games.

I would be fine with that for the pot charge alone, which is really the only relevant issue since the only other thing he'll be found guilty of is speeding.

Not now..;)

I would have no problem with a 3-4 game suspension... In fact I think one of the biggest issues I would have with Pulley if I were coach Brooks would be the fact that I had to find out about all this from the media and not Pulley himself. That tells me that Pulley doesn't have the relationship with the coaching staff that your potential starting QB should have...

I still maintain he should be suspended until conference games begin. You have to think CRB won't give a definite suspension in order to make sure Hartline keeps working hard. Can't let a kid that's never started a game go for a month of practice believing he's the "de-facto" QB.

I hopes Brooks does the right thing here, as a UK fan. Pulley needs a slap on the face, not the wrist. He thinks he's bulletproof.

Look how another school handled the situation. Kyle McAlarney, starting point guard at ND, was kicked out of school. He had to decide whether to fight his way back in, or take te easy way out. He did not choose the easy path, and just go to another school. He learned his lesson, and fought his way back into ND.

Here's a good story on the subject.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/college/2008/03/16/2008-03-16_kyle_mcalarney_reflects_on_dark_days_of_.html

Last I saw, Spillman's charges weren't dismissed. Pulley's charge of operating on a suspended license was dismissed and he's going to traffic school on the speeding charge.

The marijuana charge was diverted in court which usually means there was a small amount to begin with or it was found near him.

I'm not a Pulley apologist but the cases with he and Spillman are much different.

Actually when a charge is diverted the defendant (Pulley) has entered a guily plea. If he completes certain criteria that the court requires(more than likely Drug classes) then the charge and plea will be dismissed. This is usally designed for first time offenders. SO he had to admit to guilt to get in the diversion program.

FIrst, I told you the Fidler situation was iffy and some pooh-poohed it.

Don't take this the wrong way, I actually believe that is probably the case, however Brooks's explanation of the events doesn't make it fact. I'm sure he is taking the word of Fidler (and I honesty don't doubt it), but if we were to ask the other parties involved, like the police who arrested him or the other guys in the fight they might recollect things differently.