Pulley gets minor wrist slap

RowdyRedRam

I'm not a Pulley apologist but the cases with he and Spillman are much different.

Louisville has dismissed 4 players for unspecified reasons, not including Spillman, Williams, or Council, common belief is that it is for failing drug test. This isn't a comparison of Spillman to Pulley but rather of disciplinary practice.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See Post #40.

By contribute do you mean misrepresent facts to support an agenda? If so you certainly have contributed...

Did anyone really expect anything to happen to Pulley? I didn't....

You're saying getting a marijuana charge is only worthy of a (possible) one quarter suspension? :lol:

....Says the guy whose QB buys alcohol for minors. :walk:

As has been said, this is Pulley's third run-in with the law since he's been at UK...You want to keep letting him do what he wants?

Wow… you certainly have contributed something…

Brooks said Pulley "could miss games or a game or parts of games."

It appears to me that no punishment has been set yet, did you read something I didn’t?

What is the standard punishment for possession at UL…

Standard punishment at UofL is dismissal, that should be clear by now.

It says a LOT when Brooks says he won't make a decision for the next three weeks. It gives him the ability to see which qb is coming back better before making a decision.

Pulley still will have an opportunity to compete with Mike Hartline for the starting quarterback spot.

"That decision on who will start will be (made) on the field, not off the field,'' Brooks said.

This allows him to pull the plug on Hartline if he comes into practice poorly.

Brooks is sending a clear signal that the punishment on Pulley is dependent on his ability to help them win.

Standard punishment at UofL is dismissal, that should be clear by now.

It says a LOT when Brooks says he won't make a decision for the next three weeks. It gives him the ability to see which qb is coming back better before making a decision. This allows him to pull the plug on Hartline if he comes into practice poorly.

Brooks is sending a clear signal that the punishment on Pulley is dependent on his ability to help them win.

Your telling me that under this situation UL would dismiss Pulley...

Gotcha...Two run-ins, and trying to quit the team. :lol:

1. Flunked out of school/pouted-quit the team when he got no clock (red-shirted)

2. Pot charges

3. Speeding/driving on a suspended license, etc.

Don't kid yourself, the kid is an obvious troublemaker.

Three strikes and your out... right?? We are all sports fans, that's how it works, right??

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080731/SPORTS03/80731014/1002/SPORTS

At Louisville you get dismissed, at UK you might miss a quarter.

I think he should be suspended for the Marijuana incident whether he actually had it or it was just in his car. At least a game and more (up to dismissal if he actually had it in his possesion). As for the speeding charge, c'mon that should have absolutely no effect on a college or high school player. If that were a big deal then none of us would have jobs or scholarships. DUIs, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident--those might be different depending on the situation but a speeding ticket should be a non-factor. I know you guys are die hard Cardinal fans but do you honestly a speeding ticket should be have any effect on a suspension and/or dismissal? Be objective here.

Absolutely

If that was the case Spillman would be gone a long time ago. I love how the UL fans are all over UK because 2 players have gotten in trouble in the offseason. Hasn't UL's entire special teams unit been in trouble in some form or fashion.:lol:

Seriously it goes both ways. Some UK fans are piling on UL. I believe both programs are being ran by pretty good guys who in general are making good decisions with punishments.

I believe both programs are being ran by pretty good guys who in general are making good decisions with punishments.

Which is why I haven't had a problem with Krag so far. If he wants to get rid of the bad apples, I'm behind him 110%, even if the cost is a few mediocre seasons.

If that was the case Spillman would be gone a long time ago. I love how the UL fans are all over UK because 2 players have gotten in trouble in the offseason. Hasn't UL's entire special teams unit been in trouble in some form or fashion.:lol:

Seriously it goes both ways. Some UK fans are piling on UL. I believe both programs are being ran by pretty good guys who in general are making good decisions with punishments.

Spillmans first incident happed before he met Kragthorpe, since then everyone has been booted.

I think he should be suspended for the Marijuana incident whether he actually had it or it was just in his car. At least a game and more (up to dismissal if he actually had it in his possesion). As for the speeding charge, c'mon that should have absolutely no effect on a college or high school player. If that were a big deal then none of us would have jobs or scholarships. DUIs, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident--those might be different depending on the situation but a speeding ticket should be a non-factor. I know you guys are die hard Cardinal fans but do you honestly a speeding ticket should be have any effect on a suspension and/or dismissal? Be objective here.
I agree with the speeding its a non factor.

He should be suspended for hiding his arrest from his coach. More than that even I think the non committal to punishment from the coach is weak at best.

I agree with everything you've posted here. My only concern with the marijuana issue, is CP's lack of judgement. You're responsible for the company you keep. It's not like this is his first chance at starting. With everything he's had to go through to get a chance to compete for the job again, why would he put himself in that situation? Don't get me wrong. I feel for the kid. This has not been a smooth ride for him.

It is not the speeding, it is the issue of speeding with a suspended license, and no registration (which were the charges) a month after being charged for possesion of a drug. Notice a pattern

I haven't ever said he should be dismissed. But I think it is bush league to draw out the suspension of an individual, for the betterment of the team. If you are guilty, you are guilty and should be punished for it.