Your favorite "famous" or not so famous photos

ScarHeel

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several of these are iconic.

I like a whole bunch of Ansel Adams' b/w photos when he was developing/perfecting the Zone system.

This is BGP and we can all be honest, right? I don't get the Ansel Adams stuff. Not bashing those that do. Ansel Adams works never ever made me look twice. (but I still enjoy your posts, mcpapa! :thumb:)

I kid you not, I almost go into a panic. If they were tied off it'd be more bearable...no telling how many fell and died..

You know, having a construction management degree, I've studied stuff about "the history of construction management", if you can believe that. There have been books written about numerous of the great architectural/construction feats built in the last 200 years. One of the things that always amazed me is that they used to have a figure for "x number of workers will die in construction accidents on this project" that they actually just assumed would happen, and then budgeted for. Mind blowing.

You know, having a construction management degree, I've studied stuff about "the history of construction management", if you can believe that. There have been books written about numerous of the great architectural/construction feats built in the last 200 years. One of the things that always amazed me is that they used to have a figure for "x number of workers will die in construction accidents on this project" that they actually just assumed would happen, and then budgeted for. Mind blowing.

Maniacs! Like all those dude eating lunch, all it takes is for 1 to lose his balance and just grab hold of the next guy...I'd rather be homeless than do that for a livin!

I've worked that high as those IWs in the pictures . In the beginning when I started to work construction we wore safety belts with rope lanyards having no shock absorbtion capacity if you fell which was almost as bad as nothing at all .If you fell you probably hurt your back when you stopped or you even might slide out of the belt . By the time that I retired we were wearing full body harnesses and lanyards with shock absorbers built in thanks to OSHA , much safer .

I can't look at the photos of the guys building skyscrapers without my blood pressure going up. Very scared of heights...
When I look at those, it makes the bottoms of my feet tingle and I get a knot in my stomach. I cannot imagine what it must take to talk yourself into doing that kind of work with no safety gear.