Your favorite "famous" or not so famous photos

ScarHeel

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This photo was taken in '93 in Sudan. According to Time magazine, the photographer, Kevin Carter, heard a whimpering and brought his attention to the toddler who was on her way to a feeding center. She had stopped to rest when a vulture landed nearby. Carter had waited 20 minutes for the vulture to spread its wings, but it didn't, so he shot this photo before chasing the vulture away. He then left the child to fend for herself so as not to "interfere with his subject".

Carter later reported that he didn't know what ever happened to the girl. Interestingly, Carter committed suicide not too long after…

death in africa.jpg

This isn't famous worldwide but some on here might recognize it. I just received this print as a gift in December.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35454[/ATTACH]

Hmmm ... that looks very familiar. :D

I missed that one the first time around. I like the looks of it a lot! Is that you're handywork, Jim? Where was the shot taken?

I missed that one the first time around. I like the looks of it a lot! Is that you're handywork, Jim? Where was the shot taken?

Look very closely at the water tower. :D

It's mine, though, yeah. It's one of the more popular ones that we sell -- just moved a big one the other day!

Look very closely at the water tower. :D

It's mine, though, yeah. It's one of the more popular ones that we sell -- just moved a big one the other day!

Ahhh, Ellis Park. I've been to Turfway, Red Mile, Churchill, and Keeneland. I haven't made it to Kentucky Downs or Ellis Park thus far.

Ahhh, Ellis Park. I've been to Turfway, Red Mile, Churchill, and Keeneland. I haven't made it to Kentucky Downs or Ellis Park thus far.

For whatever reason, I've never been able to get a really good pic at Keeneland. Well, that's not entirely true. I've gotten a lot of good crowd pics there, but never a good one of the horses. The one of Borel talking with the trainer is on the wall at my apartment. Got lots of filly photos -- the two-legged variety, that is. :D

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...