You Ever Do Dumb Things?

Birdsfan

About a year after the incident described in post 24, my dryer went out.

Naturally, it had to be the same repairman that "fixed" my oven who came to the door.

At first, neither of us said a word and right before he left he said "You know, I fixed your oven last year."

I started laughing and asked him if he ever told anyone about it, he said "All the time."

However, he told me another good story. Seems he went to a woman's home because she was complaining about her refrigerator making incessant buzzing noises. Turns out he repaired that one quickly too. Her husband's lost beeper was on the top of the refrigerator.

:lol::thumb:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was driving home and getting ready to get onto I-64 a few months ago and I was so hungry. So I stopped at McDonald's to order a breakfast sandwich. I ordered my sandwich and the young lady informed me that if I wanted that sandwich I would have to leave and go find a Burger King. I felt so bad:irked::D

I was driving home and getting ready to get onto I-64 a few months ago and I was so hungry. So I stopped at McDonald's to order a breakfast sandwich. I ordered my sandwich and the young lady informed me that if I wanted that sandwich I would have to leave and go find a Burger King. I felt so bad:irked::D

This reminds me of something I've done half a dozen times. Go through a McDonalds drive through, place an order, and say "I'd like that to go".

I had just thought of another one of my "finer" moments....One time when going through a fast food drive through, I place my order, drove up to the window and paid for my order then promptly drove away....without my food :lol:. I went back around (started not to but I was very hungry) and when I arrived at the window and was ask, my order was...hello, this is the idiot that just drove away without my food .

Went into Mr Gatti's. Sat down and told Momma I need to go to the restroom.

Went inside and saw something wasn't right. There were no urinals. Went into the stall, came out of the stall and a woman was walking in. We made eye contact and she turn around and walked out.

I said to myself. "man, she has to feel real weird, walking into the men's Room.

I went to wash my hands as I was drying them two teenage girls comes in, sees me and SCREAMS. I said again to myself, "what is the odds of that?"

I go back to my seat and begin laughing as I tell Momma what happened.

She looked kinda funny and said "show me where you went".

I took her to the mens room but someone had changed the nameplate on the door after I had left.

She said "go ahead lets eat, but be ready if the police show up".

Didn't eat much.

The same week I forgot to pay the man at the gas station, but got home and realized I had two twenties still in my pocket, went back and paid.

He said...."I wondered what you were doing?" I go in there almost everyday Momma loves their coffee.

And I post on here.

I just did one of the dumbest things I have ever done. Maybe I shouldn't tell but I will.

I received a call from a friend of mine on my cell phone just as I was about to pull into my driveway. I sat in the truck for a few seconds talking, got out checked to make sure I had everything, and found my cell phone was not in the case. I checked my pockets and then looked in my truck and then realized that the reason the cell phone was not in the case was because I was still talking on the phone.:lol:

I'm sure my wife will never let me forget this one.:jump:

My latest dumb thing - pulled up to McDonald's started ordering realized I was talking to the trash can.:rolleyes:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I went through a drive thru the other day and ordered a 10 piece chicken Mcnuggets meal. The problem was I was at a Wendy's. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

One of my all time goofiest moments was at the Saltpeter cave at Carter Caves Resort Park. We went in and was listening to the tour guide discuss how they used to mine bat droppings and make gun powder out of them. When he finished he asked if there were any questions. Like the intelligent , inquisitive fella that I am I said "yeah I got one."

I asked ," Why did they quit their mining ? "

After a few seconds of silence and a very confused look from the tour guide the gentleman beside uttered the following words of wisdom... " They ran out of poop .. idiot. "

Where's my sign ?