You Ever Do Dumb Things?

Birdsfan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hurricane I have done something close to that before. I was trimming the hedges with electric clippers. I lost 3 extension cords that day. Cut them right in half. You would have thought after the first one, I would have learned. :confused:

You Ever Do Dumb Things?

Well, I have voted Republican once or twice...

I do remember going through a MickeyD's drive-through, and after placing my order, saying that I wanted it to go.

Me To!!!! I must have been having a really dumb day:lol::lol::lol:

A little while ago, I took the house phone out back with me, so I could hear if it rings. I couldn't find a handy place to sit it, so I stuck it in my shirt pocket.

I sat there for a while, until it started to get too hot. So I went back inside. Sitting there watching TV, I suddenly realized that I had left the phone outside in the sun. So I rushed back out to retrieve it before somebody called -- because that always happens when you can't find the phone.

Anyway, I go out and start looking around. It's nowhere to be found. You know that sick feeling you get when you realize you're in a real mess? Well, that's what I had. It wasn't anywhere. So back inside I go.

Looked all over the house...on the floor...in the dog's house...in the bread drawer...nothing.

Well, after wasting ten minutes of my life, when I could have been doing something more important -- like wasting ten minutes of my life -- I finally found the phone.

Want to know where? Re-read the first paragraph. :rolleyes:

Doesn't your cordless phone have a pager on it's base for just such instances. I would have probably used it after the 1st minute of searching. :sssh::D

Do I ever do dumb things?! :lol: Seriously, it's much easier to count the smart things I do than the dumb ones! :lol:

The one I do the most often is spend an inordinate amount of time looking for my glasses, when I'm already wearing them. :creepy:

Years ago, we put an addition on our house, including a kitchen. Towards the end, money was getting tight so we bought a slightly used Jenn Air oven/stove to save money.

The darn thing never did bake as well as my old oven and for months, I just made do. Finally on Thanksgiving, with 25 people at my home, I baked a turkey for 5 hours only to have a turkey burned on the outside and raw on the inside.

Completely indignant, I called a repair man. "This piece of junk never has worked right" I complained loudly.

In less than two minutes, he had my oven completely repaired at the tune of about a hundred dollars.

Evidently I had the oven selector knob on upside down the entire time. I had been broiling my food for months and never realized it.:sssh:

Years ago, we put an addition on our house, including a kitchen. Towards the end, money was getting tight so we bought a slightly used Jenn Air oven/stove to save money.

The darn thing never did bake as well as my old oven and for months, I just made do. Finally on Thanksgiving, with 25 people at my home, I baked a turkey for 5 hours only to have a turkey burned on the outside and raw on the inside.

Completely indignant, I called a repair man. "This piece of junk never has worked right" I complained loudly.

In less than two minutes, he had my oven completely repaired at the tune of about a hundred dollars.

Evidently I had the oven selector knob on upside down the entire time. I had been broiling my food for months and never realized it.:sssh:

That's a classic!!!

:dancingpa

I ran to see if this was the reason I burn so much food...and darn it....it wasn't.......I'm obviously just a bad cook:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, I have done some pretty dumb things in my life. I cannot list them at this time bc I am not sure if the Statute of Limitations has ran out.:D

(I am like RM said in an above post, it would be easier for me to list the smart things that I have done)

I ran to see if this was the reason I burn so much food...and darn it....it wasn't.......I'm obviously just a bad cook:lol::lol::lol:

:laugh: I became a much better cook when I realized that the smoke detector was not the timer.:eek: