You Ever Do Dumb Things?

Birdsfan

A little while ago, I took the house phone out back with me, so I could hear if it rings. I couldn't find a handy place to sit it, so I stuck it in my shirt pocket.

I sat there for a while, until it started to get too hot. So I went back inside. Sitting there watching TV, I suddenly realized that I had left the phone outside in the sun. So I rushed back out to retrieve it before somebody called -- because that always happens when you can't find the phone.

Anyway, I go out and start looking around. It's nowhere to be found. You know that sick feeling you get when you realize you're in a real mess? Well, that's what I had. It wasn't anywhere. So back inside I go.

Looked all over the house...on the floor...in the dog's house...in the bread drawer...nothing.

Well, after wasting ten minutes of my life, when I could have been doing something more important -- like wasting ten minutes of my life -- I finally found the phone.

Want to know where? Re-read the first paragraph. :rolleyes:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One of my many memory problems is: what did I do with the phone? My solution is to call the house phone with my cell or vise-versa depending on which one I lost.

Now if I could just remember my number..........

Your pocket would have rung.

One of my many memory problems is: what did I do with the phone? My solution is to call the house phone with my cell or vise-versa depending on which one I lost.

Even more of a reason that both are not needed.

OMG!! I do that...about 4 times a day!

Do I ever do dumb things? Why no I do not:D I do so many dumb things but the biggest dumb thing I do is this...............I will put a coke in the freezer in order for it to get ready cold and I forget it.....so I go to the freezer to get something, other than the coke because I had already forgotten that I put one in there, and I have a freezer full of coke. "Who left a coke in the freezer I yell":madman::madman::madman: Then I remember it was me and I shut up yelling:lol::lol::lol:

Do I ever do dumb things? Why no I do not:D I do so many dumb things but the biggest dumb thing I do is this...............I will put a coke in the freezer in order for it to get ready cold and I forget it.....so I go to the freezer to get something, other than the coke because I had already forgotten that I put one in there, and I have a freezer full of coke. "Who left a coke in the freezer I yell":madman::madman::madman: Then I remember it was me and I shut up yelling:lol::lol::lol:

:sssh::rolleyes::irked::mad:Thanks for reminding me...two days late. I have a big mess to clean up now!! Well, now you all know what I am getting ready to do!:p:lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Oh MrsPH...you crack me up...I need to call you don't I???????? MrRk and I went to Lexington to the doctor yesterday and we went by Danville first and picked up some stuff. Then we went on into Lexington saw the doctor and then came back through Danville so we could visit with Mom for a while. Then we made the trip "back home to Indiana" and I am so tired today. I suppose I am not as together as I thought. So I am so happy that I remembered the 2 cokes I put in the freezer earlier and I don't have to spend the afternoon cleaning up a big old mess.

:lol: I've done this so many times. It's an enormous mess to clean up, isn't it?

A couple days ago, I was cutting the grass and using the weed trimmer. (Not at the same time, that would be dumb). Well, for some reason, I ran right over the extension cord with the mower. I saw the cord, but for what ever reason, just didn't stop. Cut the cord into pieces.

The only thing I could think of was that my mind was somewhere else.