2008-2009 10th region predictions

True and you haven't seen a Preston Knowles walk through your locker room in a couple either. There is talent at Mason County, young talent, and what becomes of that we will have to see. No one knew how spectacular Darius was going to be when he was a young 8th grader at the state tournament. We knew he was special, but through his hard work, the rest is history. Same can go for some of this young talent at Mason County that currently are coming up thru the ranks.

Yea, he always gave it all he had.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No way Campbell, Brossart, Scott or Montgomery are better than Mason. Just seems like wishful thinking on your part.

I think that is hopeful thinking on your part. Campbell County returns their top three players from a pretty good team last year.

Arrogance never graduates either, apparently.:rolleyes:

Now that is so funny, I am totally :lol: If you walk the halls and the locker rooms at Mason County, the slogan Tradition Never Graduates can be seen everywhere. Its a nice reminder to students and or athletes of what Mason County has been, what the people before the current students have paved the way for and a reminder of what to strive for each and everyday. You and I both know there is great tradition at Mason County, some just have a harder time dealing with it. :thumb:

This is the best list IMO. :thumb:

Thanks and I am a 9th region fan. I think the GRC/Mason matchup will be fun to watch next season. Scott and Campbell Co will have some grudge matches as well. 10th region overall is a pretty decent region 1-5.

I think that is hopeful thinking on your part. Campbell County returns their top three players from a pretty good team last year.

I have no dog in this fight, so there is no wishful thinking on my part. I never said CC would not be good, just not better than MC. After seeing both teams during the summer, I still feel MC is better than CC.

I will make no prediction other that there will be a handful of teams that will be competitive come tourney time. On paper, Clark County has the edge; but as we have found year in and year out in the 10th, on paper doesn't always win.

As for the "arrogance", I'd prefer to call it Mason County pride.

I haven't seen Zollo play. If he: a) actually attends GRC, then b) is as good as promoted; then I would give the edge to GRC over Mason. If neither of above, then I give a small edge to Mason. Montgomery lost a lot to graduation, and I am not as familiar with Scott or Campbell (sorry).

Now that is so funny, I am totally :lol: If you walk the halls and the locker rooms at Mason County, the slogan Tradition Never Graduates can be seen everywhere. Its a nice reminder to students and or athletes of what Mason County has been, what the people before the current students have paved the way for and a reminder of what to strive for each and everyday. You and I both know there is great tradition at Mason County, some just have a harder time dealing with it. :thumb:

Don't you mean the Maysville Bulldogs? ;)

Brossart will surprise some folks. Remember, they played mostly sophomores last season and improved greatly. Reiger is very good and they might be the best coached team in the Region.

Here is my list.

1. GRC

2. Mason Co

3. Scott

4. Campbell Co

5. Brossart

6. Montgomery

This is the best list that is posted I think. Mason is still up there untill somebody knocks them off.

I think that you are wrong saying Brossart is the best coached team in the region. Not taking anything away from Coach Code and his staff because they are up there, I just think that Scott is the best coached team in the region!!

Edited by gold sunrise