2008-2009 10th region predictions

No Preston Knowles, No D-Miller, for the first time in a long time the 10th is wide-open. Clark right now seems to be a lot of peoples favorite, but they have a lot of young players that will need to step up and contribute. Mason County is Mason County. Montgomery will be in the mix as well. Who is going to represent the 10th in Rupp Arena in `09?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Preston Knowles, No D-Miller, for the first time in a long time the 10th is wide-open. Clark right now seems to be a lot of peoples favorite, but they have a lot of young players that will need to step up and contribute. Mason County is Mason County. Montgomery will be in the mix as well. Who is going to represent the 10th in Rupp Arena in `09?

I also like Scott...don't count them out...always a well coached team.

I also like Scott...don't count them out...always a well coached team.

Scott is a well coached team! But Mason County is the favorite until someone knocks them off... It could be Clark Co, could be Montgomery, could be Scott, but until they get beat, they are my favorite!

GRC will be tough to beat this year. They lost very little and picked up a 6'8 future Wildcat. Their young kids got tons of experience last year. IMO they are the favorite heading into this year.

Mason, Scott, Montgomery, Campbell, and Brossart are the next tier in my opinion. There should be some great games in the 10th this year.

GRC will be tough to beat this year. They lost very little and picked up a 6'8 future Wildcat. Their young kids got tons of experience last year. IMO they are the favorite heading into this year.

Mason, Scott, Montgomery, Campbell, and Brossart are the next tier in my opinion. There should be some great games in the 10th this year.

I usually like flying under the radar but I agree with you, GRC will be the favorite going in this year.

Look forward to some great games :thumb:

I agree...the 10th will be fun to watch.

I would have to put Mason Co at 1 because to be the best you gotta beat the best, then Clark Co a close 2nd.

I don't have much of a problem with this. On paper it appears GRC has more talent coming back especially with the addition of Zollo but Mason Co. is still the champs as of now. This is exactly what happened in 07 when GRC actually did win it. They had to beat the defending champ, and did. I look for the same this upcoming year.It's always exciting though...can't wait. :thumb:

By the end of the year I think it'll look like this...

1.GRC

2.Mason

3.Campbell

The rest a crapshoot with Montgomery, Scott and Brossart leading the pack.

Has Zollo officially enrolled at GRC?

Not sure. I do know that the family has bought a house and are waiting for it to be ready. They should be all moved in the next month and then I'd say he will be enrolled by then if he's not already. I don't know the specific rules on enrolling so I have no clue.

Not sure. I do know that the family has bought a house and are waiting for it to be ready. They should be all moved in the next month and then I'd say he will be enrolled by then if he's not already. I don't know the specific rules on enrolling so I have no clue.

You can enroll now and most schools are in the process of doing so. So officially he is not a Cardinal. Thanks for the info, I think BigBlueInsanity has the right prediction right now. I don't have a problem wih the prediction if things change.

I agree...the 10th will be fun to watch.

I would have to put Mason Co at 1 because to be the best you gotta beat the best, then Clark Co a close 2nd.

If we were playing the team that Mason Co had last year I would agree....we are not...thank goodness. Mason Co lost alot this past year. We are predicting this year. Year before GRC won the region and was the champs going into last season. No way would I predict that GRC would win the region this past year...lost too much tallent....just like Mason this year. 3 years ago Pendleton Co was ranked #1...GRC knocked them off, then Mason knocked off GRC. We are now just predicting who should be ranked #1 going into the season. #1 ranked team dosn't always win the region as we all know....why I like flying under the radar... :D

I don't have much of a problem with this. On paper it appears GRC has more talent coming back especially with the addition of Zollo but Mason Co. is still the champs as of now. This is exactly what happened in 07 when GRC actually did win it. They had to beat the defending champ, and did. I look for the same this upcoming year.It's always exciting though...can't wait. :thumb:

By the end of the year I think it'll look like this...

1.GRC

2.Mason

3.Campbell

The rest a crapshoot with Montgomery, Scott and Brossart leading the pack.

By the end of the year I would put

1. GRC

2. Mason

3. Scott

I see it being this way.

1. GRC

2. Mason

3. Could be any of these teams: Scott, Campbell, Montgomery, Brossart

1. GRC

2. Mason

3. Campbell

4. Montgomery

5. Scott

6. Brossart

3-6 could change almost on a weekly basis but GRC and Mason still appear to be a notch above this group.

1. GRC

2. Mason

3. Campbell

4. Montgomery

5. Scott

6. Brossart

3-6 could change almost on a weekly basis but GRC and Mason still appear to be a notch above this group.

I agree with this and like Pressrow has stated many times the best team on championship night usually will win the game. This year will be just a little different playing in a bigger arena on a neutral floor and I am excited about getting to go to a new facility. Just curious what the NKU officials are going to get as their cut of the pie being that others on this thread have stated that schools take of the tournament monies were down about a grand each this year.