2008-2009 10th region predictions

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only talent. Mason County has had some talented players; but let's face it; it's not like there's a LeBron or a Michael walking the halls of Mason County every year (or any year). Much of the Royals' success comes from hard work and a system that has hundreds of kids learning the basics at places like the local Boys and Girls Club. Thanks to countless coaches and mentors, by the time they hit high school, the kids know how to play the game.

I think that the top tier in the 10th will be Clark County, Mason County, Scott and Campbell County.

I haven't seen Zollo play. If he: a) actually attends GRC, then b) is as good as promoted; then I would give the edge to GRC over Mason. If neither of above, then I give a small edge to Mason. Montgomery lost a lot to graduation, and I am not as familiar with Scott or Campbell (sorry).

Just to update the situtation ,Vinny and his family have now moved into their home they bought here in Winchester, so he will be attending GRC next year.

Don't you mean the Maysville Bulldogs? ;)

Mason Co. did make a few attempts at state without Maysville..........

Also, a majority of the kids on the teams in the early 90's were Mason Co. not Bulldogs.

I'm not going to say that adding enrollment didn't help, but former Bulldogs weren't the only one's cutting down those nets.

Mason Co. did make a few attempts at state without Maysville..........

Also, a majority of the kids on the teams in the early 90's were Mason Co. not Bulldogs.

I'm not going to say that adding enrollment didn't help, but former Bulldogs weren't the only one's cutting down those nets.

Early 90's??? I think the last name Myrick should be mentioned.

Rogers, Pervis and Daniels both have grown a few inches this summer....I have been told. If you add in Zollo....GRC can go very tall. Our boys too is having a great summer. Robby Stenzel has been hurt and has had to set out the last couple of weeks. We will be depending alot on our Sophomores next year. What I like about them is that Robby has been a starter since the 8th grade. Cory Rogers started last year as a Freshman and Travis Pervis proved what he could do on the varsity level last year.

We have a very challenging schedule this year...we will take some lumps early....it is what we do in post season that counts. :thumb:

Hatton is also returning as a 3 year starter.

Hatton is also returning as a 3 year starter.

Can't believe I didn't mention him. I have know Robert since he played ball in the 6th grade for my husband and son. Great kid on and off the court. We will be depending on his leadership too. Also others I would like to mention is Ryan William, Sr, Patrick Bailey Sr, and Chase Knedred Jr. Ryan will be starting guard and Partick and Chase will give us lots of bench strenth at the guard position. Just got to keep Patrick and Chase healthy.

Rogers, Pervis and Daniels both have grown a few inches this summer....I have been told. If you add in Zollo....GRC can go very tall. Our boys too is having a great summer. Robby Stenzel has been hurt and has had to set out the last couple of weeks. We will be depending alot on our Sophomores next year. What I like about them is that Robby has been a starter since the 8th grade. Cory Rogers started last year as a Freshman and Travis Pervis proved what he could do on the varsity level last year.

We have a very challenging schedule this year...we will take some lumps early....it is what we do in post season that counts. :thumb:

They also are returning 2 seniors Hatton and Williams. They will be tough. Hatton has started since his Sophomore year.

Edited by gold sunrise

You said that most of the players in the early 90's were Mason County boys. I believe the Myrick boys would've played for the Bulldogs.

Some played for Maysville and some played for Mason Co. You had Myrick's that played for both.

Can't believe I didn't mention him. I have know Robert since he played ball in the 6th grade for my husband and son. Great kid on and off the court. We will be depending on his leadership too. Also others I would like to mention is Ryan William, Sr, Patrick Bailey Sr, and Chase Knedred Jr. Ryan will be starting guard and Partick and Chase will give us lots of bench strenth at the guard position. Just got to keep Patrick and Chase healthy.

I heard Chase may not be playing. Do you know about this?