Bellevue Coach Out????

Don't believe anyone was negatively knocking the coach.....simply stating the obvious when saying this seems to be a step backwards. Then again, it's VERY OBVIOUS that there are issues at Bellevue or it wouldn't be the "merry go around" when it comes to BB coaches. 5 in 7 years may be a NKY record if they were keeping stats!

Know nothing about this situation, but how does this situation evolve after Mike Swauger was there for all those years.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Bellevue have anything returning from last years team, how many starters did they lose?

Well, I'm no expert, but from memory it seems like they had a really big senior class and lost like 8 or 9 guys and all starters...

Unfortunately it is indeed true that Kent Vories has left the Bellevue program to take over as the Newport Girls' head coach. I know that Coach Vories, while he will definitely be missed by players and staff, did what he felt was necessary for his own personal situation and you absolutely cannot fault a man for that. Kent did a great job at Bellevue and as I said, will indeed be missed, but we also want to wish him well in his new endeavor. The program is by no means left bare, there is a decent returning nucleus as well as a few quality transfers, etc. that will help keep the program in decent shape. However, all of you are correct in your concern about 5 coaches in 7 years. That is indeed tough for any program to sustain under those circumstances. But, as with all athletic endeavors, you accept your losses and move forward.

Unfortunately it is indeed true that Kent Vories has left the Bellevue program to take over as the Newport Girls' head coach. I know that Coach Vories, while he will definitely be missed by players and staff, did what he felt was necessary for his own personal situation and you absolutely cannot fault a man for that. Kent did a great job at Bellevue and as I said, will indeed be missed, but we also want to wish him well in his new endeavor. The program is by no means left bare, there is a decent returning nucleus as well as a few quality transfers, etc. that will help keep the program in decent shape. However, all of you are correct in your concern about 5 coaches in 7 years. That is indeed tough for any program to sustain under those circumstances. But, as with all athletic endeavors, you accept your losses and move forward.

Who could these be????????

Any candidates for this job?

I know an assistant coach from Villa Madonna (Coach Ford) was asked if he was interested in applying for the job before Vories was hired. Any chance of him moving closer to the river this time?

Edited by bb823
Learning to spell

Any candidates for this job?

I know an assistant coach from Villa Madonna (Coach Ford) was asked if he was interested in applying for the job before Vories was hired. Any chance of him moving closer to the river this time?

I think Coach Ford would do a great job as a head coach.

It seems like Bellevue always has tough kids who play hard and then seem to always find someone who can put the ball in the bucket.

Will you give some names please?

Please......somebody....anybody. No disrespect to Newports girls, but on the surface, this certainly seems to be a step backward. Is it $ related? Has he ever been a girls coach?

Which leads to the next question.........who will be candidates for this position? Will Swauger return and dust off the clipboard?

When a coach leaves your boys program to coach a girls' program at a program that is not a regional power, that should speak volumes about the quality of your boys program's head job.

When a coach leaves your boys program to coach a girls' program at a program that is not a regional power, that should speak volumes about the quality of your boys program's head job.

Only if you don't know all the circumstances surrounding that coach's decision and you make unfounded assumptions. Kind of like you're doing right now. Coach Vories had solid, important personal reasons for making his decision, not one of which is anybody's business on here but they had nothing to do with the "quality" of the program.

Only if you don't know all the circumstances surrounding that coach's decision and you make unfounded assumptions. Kind of like you're doing right now. Coach Vories had solid, important personal reasons for making his decision, not one of which is anybody's business on here but they had nothing to do with the "quality" of the program.

How about 5 coaches in 7 years, does that speak to the "quality"?

How abou thow much Bellevue pays in comparison to other jobs does that speak to it?

How about 5 coaches in 7 years, does that speak to the "quality"?

How abou thow much Bellevue pays in comparison to other jobs does that speak to it?

While valid points you should also state the other obviuous point in that Bellevue, a small school has become a stepping stone for a number of coaches who have moved on to bigger or more prestigious schools (in their eyes). While no one in the program exactly likes the fact that this is happening, when you pick quality people and they become attractive to other places, being a SMALL SCHOOL you will lose out in a battle of money, facilities or enrollment. That doesn't mean it's an indictment of the program, just a reality of hiring coaches these days.

While valid points you should also state the other obviuous point in that Bellevue, a small school has become a stepping stone for a number of coaches who have moved on to bigger or more prestigious schools (in their eyes). While no one in the program exactly likes the fact that this is happening, when you pick quality people and they become attractive to other places, being a SMALL SCHOOL you will lose out in a battle of money, facilities or enrollment. That doesn't mean it's an indictment of the program, just a reality of hiring coaches these days.

I have heard that both money and support are problems.