The Happening (Movie)

ScarHeel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See, I would argue that because the Village was a rather good movie but people went into it expect a horror film and that is exactly not what it was.

Signs was amazing...and I believe that he did Sixth Sense as well didn't he?

I agree with you, MJ. I loved both The Village and Signs. Some people, though, just don't like to think when they go to the movies and M. Night Shyamalan's movies make you think.

Accused doesn't mean convicted, right? I would love to see a link to read about this.

http://www.starswelove.com/scriptsphp/news.php?newsid=4724

http://www.hollywood.com/celebrity/M_Night_Shyamalan/187146

Shyamalan’s profile took another hit when he participated in a Sci Fi Channel special titled “The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyalaman.” A three-hour biography-cum-tribute that was shot on the set of “The Village,” it generated massive controversy for its claim that his interest in the supernatural came after a near-death experience at the age of 11, which allowed him to communicate with the spirit world. The “revelation” of this fact reportedly incensed Shyamalan, who refused to participate in the project, and the special was aired without his consent. Upon its airing, the film was revealed as a massive hoax, which caused both Sci Fi’s parent company, NBC-Universal, and Disney to distance itself from the special and Shyamalan in the ensuing fallout. Further controversy was courted when author Margaret Peterson Haddix briefly considered launching a lawsuit over similarities between her novel Running Out of Time and “The Village. This charge of plagiarism was not the first generated by one of Shyamalan’s films; science fiction readers noted similarities between “The Sixth Sense” and Orson Scott Card’s Lost Boys, and a suit was later launched over allegations regarding “Signs” and an unpublished screenplay.

He's been accused of plagiarizing more than one movie...:thumb:

http://www.starswelove.com/scriptsphp/news.php?newsid=4724

http://www.hollywood.com/celebrity/M_Night_Shyamalan/187146

Shyamalan’s profile took another hit when he participated in a Sci Fi Channel special titled “The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyalaman.” A three-hour biography-cum-tribute that was shot on the set of “The Village,” it generated massive controversy for its claim that his interest in the supernatural came after a near-death experience at the age of 11, which allowed him to communicate with the spirit world. The “revelation” of this fact reportedly incensed Shyamalan, who refused to participate in the project, and the special was aired without his consent. Upon its airing, the film was revealed as a massive hoax, which caused both Sci Fi’s parent company, NBC-Universal, and Disney to distance itself from the special and Shyamalan in the ensuing fallout. Further controversy was courted when author Margaret Peterson Haddix briefly considered launching a lawsuit over similarities between her novel Running Out of Time and “The Village. This charge of plagiarism was not the first generated by one of Shyamalan’s films; science fiction readers noted similarities between “The Sixth Sense” and Orson Scott Card’s Lost Boys, and a suit was later launched over allegations regarding “Signs” and an unpublished screenplay.

He's been accused of plagiarizing more than one movie...:thumb:

Thank you! I appreciate the links. :thumb:

I've liked most of his work. I really liked The Village and I though Signs was pretty good but the ending could have been done better. Lady in the Water was a bit too goofy, although I do like his character development and details he puts into each person. I doubt I will get to the theaters and see it but I definitely want to see this movie.

How does one fail to intertwine the theme of environmental stewardship into a film? Watch The Happening and you will discover the answer.

Actually, don't watch The Happening. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. It has terrible writing, worse acting, and horrible plot development. It never really approaches anything resembling a decent suspense-mystery film and the best character is one whose role in the plot can be compared only to that of the internet sensation Ol' Greg.

I feel like I'm pretty in tune and fairly passionate about environmental conservation; I still hated this movie because it was simply bad.

How does one fail to intertwine the theme of environmental stewardship into a film? Watch The Happening and you will discover the answer.

Actually, don't watch The Happening. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. It has terrible writing, worse acting, and horrible plot development. It never really approaches anything resembling a decent suspense-mystery film and the best character is one whose role in the plot can be compared only to that of the internet sensation Ol' Greg.

I feel like I'm pretty in tune and fairly passionate about environmental conservation; I still hated this movie because it was simply bad.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I doubt many on here will like it. It targets a select group of people, Shamalyn alawys sends a message with his movies. I was a lil disappointed with Marky Mark, bad role for him and it showed whole 2nd half of the movie. Shamalyn wanted him to look naturally paranoid but he doesnt strike me as a paranoid person.

Edited by John Anthony