The Happening (Movie)

ScarHeel

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On this website I frequently check out, they rated it a 2 out of 10. They said there was no point to the movie and that it was just dumb...I didn't really even like the previews to it..

Well I would recommend you save your 7 or 14 dollars & not watch it.

We went & watched it tonight & I can honestly say that it was one of the worst movies I have ever watched. I put it up there right along side 'Sin City' & 'The Black Dahlia'.

I don't think I have read one positive review for this movie. BTW, Sin City was a good movie I thought!

From everyone's reviews of this movie, including the bad rating given by RottenTomatoes.com, I went into this movie with very low expectations.

However, I have to say that I enjoyed this movie. It is certainly not Shyamalan's best work, but it's much better than Lady in the Water and it's an entertaining movie if you don't go in expecting to see a modern-day, gore-filled horror movie. There are no scenes that make you jump out of your seat, because it's just not that type of movie.

It runs similar to Shyamalan's previous works in that it has twists that make you think and unexpected storylines.

Personally, I think this film is getting a bad rap, but to each his own.

Sin City was a good movie.

Not sure why anyone would expect an M. Night Shyamalan movie to be good. His last three have not been what I could consider quality movies. "Lady in the Water", "The Village" and now "The Happening" all look incredibly stupid.

Maybe that's because its not often that M. Night Shyamalan makes good movies. :lol:

See, I would argue that because the Village was a rather good movie but people went into it expect a horror film and that is exactly not what it was.

Signs was amazing...and I believe that he did Sixth Sense as well didn't he?

See, I would argue that because the Village was a rather good movie but people went into it expect a horror film and that is exactly not what it was.

The Village was anything but good. I couldn't even finish the movie it was so awful.

Signs was okay. Not one of my favorites by any means. The Sixth Sense was decent as well. He also did Unbreakable, but since then he has done "Lady in the Water", "The Village" and "The Happening". All of those three have gotten bad reviews. It's like he stopped trying. :lol:

The problem for him is that he became so known for his "twists" that he is now stuck and can't break out of that kind of stuff. Not that there was much of a twist to Signs, it was pretty obvious what was going on there. Even if it was a pretty silly concept.

From everyone's reviews of this movie, including the bad rating given by RottenTomatoes.com, I went into this movie with very low expectations.

However, I have to say that I enjoyed this movie. It is certainly not Shyamalan's best work, but it's much better than Lady in the Water and it's an entertaining movie if you don't go in expecting to see a modern-day, gore-filled horror movie. There are no scenes that make you jump out of your seat, because it's just not that type of movie.

It runs similar to Shyamalan's previous works in that it has twists that make you think and unexpected storylines.

Personally, I think this film is getting a bad rap, but to each his own.

Yeah, that's saying a lot...:lol: ..That was a horrible, horrible movie.

Same here. I liked The Village, just as I liked The Happening.

I agree, that people go in expecting one thing, and then some are disappointed when it turns out to be something they didn't expect. IMO, I like that.