Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Happening (Movie)

Featured Replies

We went & watched it tonight & I can honestly say that it was one of the worst movies I have ever watched. I put it up there right along side 'Sin City' & 'The Black Dahlia'.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On this website I frequently check out, they rated it a 2 out of 10. They said there was no point to the movie and that it was just dumb...I didn't really even like the previews to it..

  • Author
On this website I frequently check out, they rated it a 2 out of 10. They said there was no point to the movie and that it was just dumb...I didn't really even like the previews to it..

 

Well I would recommend you save your 7 or 14 dollars & not watch it.

We went & watched it tonight & I can honestly say that it was one of the worst movies I have ever watched. I put it up there right along side 'Sin City' & 'The Black Dahlia'.

 

I don't think I have read one positive review for this movie. BTW, Sin City was a good movie I thought!

You all may be right, but in the defense of the movie...it's not often that M. Night Shamalan (sp?) gets great reviews.

From everyone's reviews of this movie, including the bad rating given by RottenTomatoes.com, I went into this movie with very low expectations.

 

However, I have to say that I enjoyed this movie. It is certainly not Shyamalan's best work, but it's much better than Lady in the Water and it's an entertaining movie if you don't go in expecting to see a modern-day, gore-filled horror movie. There are no scenes that make you jump out of your seat, because it's just not that type of movie.

 

It runs similar to Shyamalan's previous works in that it has twists that make you think and unexpected storylines.

 

Personally, I think this film is getting a bad rap, but to each his own.

Sin City was a good movie.

 

Not sure why anyone would expect an M. Night Shyamalan movie to be good. His last three have not been what I could consider quality movies. "Lady in the Water", "The Village" and now "The Happening" all look incredibly stupid.

You all may be right, but in the defense of the movie...it's not often that M. Night Shamalan (sp?) gets great reviews.

 

Maybe that's because its not often that M. Night Shyamalan makes good movies. :lol:

Maybe that's because its not often that M. Night Shyamalan makes good movies. :lol:

 

See, I would argue that because the Village was a rather good movie but people went into it expect a horror film and that is exactly not what it was.

 

Signs was amazing...and I believe that he did Sixth Sense as well didn't he?

See, I would argue that because the Village was a rather good movie but people went into it expect a horror film and that is exactly not what it was.

 

Signs was amazing...and I believe that he did Sixth Sense as well didn't he?

 

The Village was anything but good. I couldn't even finish the movie it was so awful.

 

Signs was okay. Not one of my favorites by any means. The Sixth Sense was decent as well. He also did Unbreakable, but since then he has done "Lady in the Water", "The Village" and "The Happening". All of those three have gotten bad reviews. It's like he stopped trying. :lol:

The problem for him is that he became so known for his "twists" that he is now stuck and can't break out of that kind of stuff. Not that there was much of a twist to Signs, it was pretty obvious what was going on there. Even if it was a pretty silly concept.

  • Author
From everyone's reviews of this movie, including the bad rating given by RottenTomatoes.com, I went into this movie with very low expectations.

 

However, I have to say that I enjoyed this movie. It is certainly not Shyamalan's best work, but it's much better than Lady in the Water and it's an entertaining movie if you don't go in expecting to see a modern-day, gore-filled horror movie. There are no scenes that make you jump out of your seat, because it's just not that type of movie.

 

It runs similar to Shyamalan's previous works in that it has twists that make you think and unexpected storylines.

 

Personally, I think this film is getting a bad rap, but to each his own.

 

Yeah, that's saying a lot...:lol: ..That was a horrible, horrible movie.

  • Author

M Night. has also been accused of Plagarism before, so all these "twisted" ideas in his movies are not all his...

See, I would argue that because the Village was a rather good movie but people went into it expect a horror film and that is exactly not what it was.

 

Signs was amazing...and I believe that he did Sixth Sense as well didn't he?

 

Same here. I liked The Village, just as I liked The Happening.

 

I agree, that people go in expecting one thing, and then some are disappointed when it turns out to be something they didn't expect. IMO, I like that.

Since he did the Sixth Sense, Signs, and Unbreakable, he has done nothing but strike out each and every time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.