Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Happening (Movie)

Featured Replies

^ Alfred Hitchcock was definitely a genius for his time...IMO.

 

Could we say the same about Shyamalan in 30 years?

 

BTW, The Birds is not original to Hitchcock. It is loosely based on a short-story by Daphne du Maurier.

  • Replies 69
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this movie last night and "The Happening" was not bad at all IMO. I liked it alot better than The Village and Unbreakable. If you want to see a bad movie go see "Bug" or "I Know Who Killed Me".

I loved the 6th Sense & Unbreakable. I liked Signs. The Village was okay. Lady in the Water was awful. In short, ... his movies aren't getting better, they are getting worse. I hate that because I like his style of shooting movies, but his story writing leaves a lot to be desired. I don't plan on seeing this movie except possibly on video AFTER it is not a new release anymore.

Horrible.

We went & watched it tonight & I can honestly say that it was one of the worst movies I have ever watched. I put it up there right along side 'Sin City' & 'The Black Dahlia'.

 

Man when your right, you are right. This movie created a vacuum.

 

 

I thought being rated R that it would at least be a gore fest, but it wasn't even that gory.

Not knocking Shyamalan, I liked 6th Sense and really liked Signs.

First off I thought this was a bad movie. Not once was I on the edge of my seat or at least caught up in the drama...

 

I thought Marky Mark (he will never shake that label... :lol:), was horrible in this. I have liked his performance's in many movies, but this one stunk!

 

On a side note, I did get a chuckle out of the lion and the trainer scene...

I watched The Happening...I thought the movie was alright. My advice would be to wait for the DVD, but it wasn't a terrible movie, IMO.

 

His movies (M. Night) are unique. I kinda enjoy that "different" thing you get from him. I thought this movie had some good qualities and some bad. The story was unique and interesting, IMO, but at the same time that didn't translate to the movie screen perfectly. It was frustrating and just seemed like something was missing at time. He did do a great job of making the viewer feel that sense of helplessness and not knowing what was going on.

 

As for his movies as a whole...I really liked The Sixth Sense, Signs and Unbreakable. I also enjoyed The Village pretty good. I thought Lady in the Water was terrible.

I agree with 5wide, it was an ok movie. Not the worst of all time but not great. It would be a good dvd to rent from blockbuster or pay per view.

 

If you go into looking for some plot twist, then i can see where you would think it was bad.

 

I thought it had a good story behind it, basically mother nature is treating us like pests because of our destructive nature.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.