June 15, 200818 yr Well, what was the twist in this movie? Because I trust you all, I don't think I will see it...sorry, majority rules for me...so, please, at least tell us the twist!!!!
June 15, 200818 yr I doubt many on here will like it. It targets a select group of people, Shamalyn alawys sends a message with his movies. I was a lil disappointed with Marky Mark, bad role for him and it showed whole 2nd half of the movie. Shamalyn wanted him to look naturally paranoid but he doesnt strike me as a paranoid person. I feel like I am in that select group of people to which you are refering. Perhaps I am not. To reiterate, it was not the message that I hated but the movie itself. It's kind of like a badly executed squeeze play in the bottom of the 9th during a tie game. Everyone likes the idea, but done improperly, it just makes everyone hate the squeeze play and the manager for calling it.
June 15, 200818 yr Well, what was the twist in this movie? Because I trust you all, I don't think I will see it...sorry, majority rules for me...so, please, at least tell us the twist!!!! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! ******* (Well it's sort of a spoiler alert as they tell you what's "happening" 30-45 minutes into the movie.) The "twist" (hold on to your breath) is suicide inducing chemicals released by plants. Yes, that's it. Hopefully that will save you five bucks right there. ******* END SPOILER ALERT If I wanted a B-movie of this calibur, I would have rented Attack of the Killer Tomatoes. At least that one has over-the-top stupidity and makes good use of cheesy horror film cliches.
June 15, 200818 yr Thank you Red Shift....HMMMM....looking at the previews, I thought it would be something to do with aliens. You know, I wonder if something like that could really happen...all the chemicals that are used on plants and such....are we causing our own future...hmmmmm. Thought inducing...
June 15, 200818 yr Thank you Red Shift....HMMMM....looking at the previews, I thought it would be something to do with aliens. You know, I wonder if something like that could really happen...all the chemicals that are used on plants and such....are we causing our own future...hmmmmm. Thought inducing... **MORE SPOILERS *********************** Don't read if haven't seen** That's the concept of the movie. In the movie they say how plants and trees can communicate with each other. Basically the plants, trees and grass are saying.. "hey we live on this planet too."
June 15, 200818 yr I thought about seeing this movie. But I am thinking not now lol. Choose for yourself. I saw the bad reviews on here and I went and I still liked it. It depends on your preferences and whether you like these types of movies and Shyamalan.
June 15, 200818 yr Well, what was the twist in this movie? Because I trust you all, I don't think I will see it...sorry, majority rules for me...so, please, at least tell us the twist!!!! *****SPOILERS***** (drag cursor over blank area to view) The movie starts with what people think is a terrorist attack on New York City. People are suddenly killing themselves in various ways and no one knows why. It starts with confused speech, and then leads to them jumping off buildings, in front of cars, policemen shooting themselves, etc. At first, they think it's a terrorist attack with some kind of nerve gas or something, but eventually the main characters come to the conclusion that the plants are releasing the toxins into the air and doing so to increasingly smaller numbers of people. That's the twist, that it's the plants and not terrorists or "people." They come to this conclusion because the eventually meet up and hitch a ride with a guy who is a farmer with a greenhouse. It is he, who first proposes the idea that it might be the plants. They meet up with other groups of people all trying to make it West. As of this time, the affected area is only in the Northeast area of the U.S. (from New York to Western PA, or thereabouts). Anyways, these people decide to split up into groups and walk to a smaller town where they might not be effected. The larger of the two groups becomes effected and begins to kill themselves. It is at this point that they decide to split into even smaller groups so that they are less likely to upset the plants, grass, trees, etc. From here they split into a smaller group of 5. Two of them die later from someone shooting them for trying to break into a house, so we're down to 3. Our remaining 3 characters stumble upon a house in the middle of nowhere and meet a pretty disgruntled old woman who has no idea what's going on. She treats them to dinner and bed but she is kind of mean. The next day, the plants attack this old woman in her garden and then we end with a scene where the 2 main characters rediscover their love for one another. They go outside to find that the event has ended. At the end of the movie,3 months later, all 3 main characters are still alive and a news channel is discussing why it happened. Some say it was the plants, some say it was a government conspiracy as it was only reserved to the Northeast. It is generally accepted that we may never know why it happened or if it will even happen again. Then we see people speaking Italian and the movie ends just after we see that the plants are about to attack another area. ******************* Edited June 15, 200818 yr by Aiden Seamus
June 15, 200818 yr My friends I saw it with all said it was awful and that it was bad acting but I thought it was a pretty good story and message that we are becoming a nuisance to the earth.
June 15, 200818 yr **MORE SPOILERS *********************** Don't read if haven't seen** That's the concept of the movie. In the movie they say how plants and trees can communicate with each other. Basically the plants, trees and grass are saying.. "hey we live on this planet too." Thank you!!!
June 15, 200818 yr *****SPOILERS***** (drag cursor over blank area to view) The movie starts with what people think is a terrorist attack on New York City. People are suddenly killing themselves in various ways and no one knows why. It starts with confused speech, and then leads to them jumping off buildings, in front of cars, policemen shooting themselves, etc. At first, they think it's a terrorist attack with some kind of nerve gas or something, but eventually the main characters come to the conclusion that the plants are releasing the toxins into the air and doing so to increasingly smaller numbers of people. That's the twist, that it's the plants and not terrorists or "people." They come to this conclusion because the eventually meet up and hitch a ride with a guy who is a farmer with a greenhouse. It is he, who first proposes the idea that it might be the plants. They meet up with other groups of people all trying to make it West. As of this time, the affected area is only in the Northeast area of the U.S. (from New York to Western PA, or thereabouts). Anyways, these people decide to split up into groups and walk to a smaller town where they might not be effected. The larger of the two groups becomes effected and begins to kill themselves. It is at this point that they decide to split into even smaller groups so that they are less likely to upset the plants, grass, trees, etc. From here they split into a smaller group of 5. Two of them die later from someone shooting them for trying to break into a house, so we're down to 3. Our remaining 3 characters stumble upon a house in the middle of nowhere and meet a pretty disgruntled old woman who has no idea what's going on. She treats them to dinner and bed but she is kind of mean. The next day, the plants attack this old woman in her garden and then we end with a scene where the 2 main characters rediscover their love for one another. They go outside to find that the event has ended. At the end of the movie,3 months later, all 3 main characters are still alive and a news channel is discussing why it happened. Some say it was the plants, some say it was a government conspiracy as it was only reserved to the Northeast. It is generally accepted that we may never know why it happened or if it will even happen again. Then we see people speaking Italian and the movie ends just after we see that the plants are about to attack another area. ******************* This was waaaayyyyy cool!!!! I have never seen a spoiler done this way again!! You know...the more I hear about this movie, the more that I think I might see it....when it comes out on DVD!
June 15, 200818 yr This was waaaayyyyy cool!!!! I have never seen a spoiler done this way again!! I thought it was a pretty cool way to expose a spoiler also, lol.
June 16, 200818 yr *****SPOILERS***** (drag cursor over blank area to view) The movie starts with what people think is a terrorist attack on New York City. People are suddenly killing themselves in various ways and no one knows why. It starts with confused speech, and then leads to them jumping off buildings, in front of cars, policemen shooting themselves, etc. At first, they think it's a terrorist attack with some kind of nerve gas or something, but eventually the main characters come to the conclusion that the plants are releasing the toxins into the air and doing so to increasingly smaller numbers of people. That's the twist, that it's the plants and not terrorists or "people." They come to this conclusion because the eventually meet up and hitch a ride with a guy who is a farmer with a greenhouse. It is he, who first proposes the idea that it might be the plants. They meet up with other groups of people all trying to make it West. As of this time, the affected area is only in the Northeast area of the U.S. (from New York to Western PA, or thereabouts). Anyways, these people decide to split up into groups and walk to a smaller town where they might not be effected. The larger of the two groups becomes effected and begins to kill themselves. It is at this point that they decide to split into even smaller groups so that they are less likely to upset the plants, grass, trees, etc. From here they split into a smaller group of 5. Two of them die later from someone shooting them for trying to break into a house, so we're down to 3. Our remaining 3 characters stumble upon a house in the middle of nowhere and meet a pretty disgruntled old woman who has no idea what's going on. She treats them to dinner and bed but she is kind of mean. The next day, the plants attack this old woman in her garden and then we end with a scene where the 2 main characters rediscover their love for one another. They go outside to find that the event has ended. At the end of the movie,3 months later, all 3 main characters are still alive and a news channel is discussing why it happened. Some say it was the plants, some say it was a government conspiracy as it was only reserved to the Northeast. It is generally accepted that we may never know why it happened or if it will even happen again. Then we see people speaking Italian and the movie ends just after we see that the plants are about to attack another area. ******************* Wow, that sounds really stupid. :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.