Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Red Shift

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Red Shift

  1. Dolly misses PAT after Russell's Abrams runs 65 yards to the land of plenty. Russell 16 Raceland 13
  2. Shootout in the Rail City
  3. Rolling toward the end of the first. Russell's Travis Jones just returned the kick to the Raceland 10.
  4. I realize it's not two Kentucky teams, but Russell and Ironton, OH, haven't played each other in almost 20 years. Now I have heard several theories as to why this occurred, but the one I choose to believe is that neither Coach McGlone nor Bob Lutz wished to go head-to-head late in their careers. I think they've made a deal to play each other in 2009 and 2010 home and home, but for being in such proximity - that is to say they are 2.2 miles apart across the earth's surface according to Google Earth which is closer than any other school is to Russell, including Raceland -to one another it has been a little odd for me never to see them play.
  5. Aw, shucks. The daily independent didn't give coverage to an embarrassing Ashland loss, and top billing to a Russell debacle. Who would have thunk it?:lol:
  6. Looking forward to going to the game on Friday. It'll be my first game of the season, though I have been keeping up fairly regularly. Hope to see a packed house - it sounds like the sterling new radio crew has caused some people to stay at home and listen to the games there... This should be a goody. I don't remember the last time I saw Russell as the underdog at home (perhaps the last time Belfry came to town?), so I suppose that says a lot about Breathitt.
  7. Actually, sounds like Galloping Ghost is a little ahead of me, so if you want to continue with the updates, you go right ahead...
  8. Russell fails to convert the two point conversion. Remains 26-21
  9. I must admit, that's an original prediction. I suppose they'll go into OT 25-25, Russell scores the first TD and then Mason settles for a 4 point loss after a field goal. Is that right?
  10. I sure am. You can take it from here then if you'd like.
  11. Ashland now with a 3 and 4 at the Russell 27 yard line. Thomas back under center; Russell with a sack for a loss. 4th and 7
  12. Ashland now at the Russell 33. Hart mixing it up with Thomas in the backfield.
  13. Ashland with 2 passes for 22 yards on offense.
  14. Ashland recieves the kick and returns the ball to the Tomcat 42.
  15. Russell 7 Blazer 0 Drew Abrams with the score. Jason Dolly with the extra point. 10:00 minutes remaining in the first quarter. Tyler Jones ran about 60 of the required 70 yards on the four play drive.
  16. I don't believe that Raceland is currently in this season's plans for WLGC, at least not on FM.
  17. Might I add that I'm looking forward to listening to Red Devil games from far away College-land next season. It should be a very interesting season with Mason County, Simon Kenton, and Raceland as new additions to the schedule - thumbs up to Sam Sparks on those latter two additions. I would assume, perhaps incorrectly, that Drew Abrams will be getting the majority of the carries in the halfback position as opposed to David Bailey. However, both backs have the potential for a very good season. Could we see some three back backfield from the Devils with these two plus the FB Will Rice?
  18. Agree about Woody. To answer your question, I think Clear Channel (the company that owns 107.1) is pulling back from local sports and I believe WLGC has wanted to do Russell games for a few years. I have heard a couple of things about the 1st Down, so I'm not sure if Doty's still has it or not. I do know almost for certain that the Relacore commercials, along with seemingly constant PSA's, are likely to be down this year and that local advertisers are going to have a more prominent position.
  19. Congratulations to Elliot County!! Go win a couple of games at Rupp for the 16th Region. (And then a couple of more for yourselves... )
  20. The Elliot County 8th grader, Knipp (sp?), hit three big threes spanning from the end of the 3rd period to the beginning of the fourth.
  21. Final Elliot County 64 Boyd County 49
  22. 1:46 left and Elliot has a sixteen point lead.
  23. Elliot Co. leads 41-33 with about 7 minutes remaining.
  24. Finally, four years of Latin pay off... It should be contendere: the infinitive takes an -are, -ere, or -ire ending. I don't know that Mr. March will allow Ashland to go no contest, but I just don't see the Lions taking this one. Winning games in Morehead is far different from winning games on your home floor.
  25. I do believe that everyone in the building knew the game was not going to end technical foul free, however. And deserving or not, Blair was T'd up for talking as was Raceland and both technicals were in the second half. Physical decrease plus talking increase equals more liberal apportionment of technicals for talking. I may not be making much sense here at 12:38, but I think I get what I am saying. Then again...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.