Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2007 Russell

Featured Replies

What does Russell need to do to improve in 2007? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 57
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Russell will have a strong team with good speed and good size. The O and D lines will be the strength of the team.

 

The biggest issues will be finding playmakers on offense and defense to replace Clark and Wills. Tyler Jones is probably the best possibility to be that man on offense. To me the hardest thing to replace will be Wills' leadership at the LB spot. Somebody is really going to have to step up.

Russell should be strong again this year. They will need to find folks to step in on the offensive line to go with returning starters Adam Foster and Tobey Hicks. Seth Harvey should be one, but the rest are going to have to step up and take those spots. The backfield has a good corp in bailey and abrams. Fullback is up in the air. On defense I see Jones possibly being moved to Wills spot at linebacker and Abrams moving to one end and Foster manning the other end which he did on several snaps last year. The entire secondary will have to be replaced, but their are several candidates looking to grab those spots. Having cornwell back to man the middle of the d-line will help too. Dolly will have big shoes to fill as kicker, but I feel he is up to the task. Spring practice is this week, so we'll see as the week goes on what's been brewing in their heads these past 3 months.

Just wondering, not knowing as much about the new 3A as I do about the 1A, how does the Russell faithful see Russell doing in the the new 3A class? What good teams remain in the same class with Russell, and what new good teams will Russell have to compete with in the play -offs?

 

I hope Russell wins all their games but one, good luck.

I hope to see the SK/Russell game, good game for both programs.

Russell has a top notch program and will always be right there in contention for any district, regional or even State title. With the tradition and program that Russell has built through the years it really doesn't matter how many seniors they lose off of a previous years team. There are always that many more ready to step it and carry on. I am glad to see the Devils playing a more competitive schedule though.

Russell has a top notch program and will always be right there in contention for any district, regional or even State title. With the tradition and program that Russell has built through the years it really doesn't matter how many seniors they lose off of a previous years team. There are always that many more ready to step it and carry on. I am glad to see the Devils playing a more competitive schedule though.

Thank God for realignment.

Just wondering, not knowing as much about the new 3A as I do about the 1A, how does the Russell faithful see Russell doing in the the new 3A class? What good teams remain in the same class with Russell, and what new good teams will Russell have to compete with in the play -offs?

 

I hope Russell wins all their games but one, good luck.

 

Mason County comes back into the district with Russell which raises the competition there immediately and renews what was a really nice rivalry.

 

Into the playoffs Belfry is still there waiting. 3A is very similar to the old 2A. Newcomes that should have an immediate impact are Louisville Central and Paducah Tilghman.

Mason County comes back into the district with Russell which raises the competition there immediately and renews what was a really nice rivalry.

 

Into the playoffs Belfry is still there waiting. 3A is very similar to the old 2A. Newcomes that should have an immediate impact are Louisville Central and Paducah Tilghman.

 

Thanks.:thumb:

Mason County comes back into the district with Russell which raises the competition there immediately and renews what was a really nice rivalry.

 

Into the playoffs Belfry is still there waiting. 3A is very similar to the old 2A. Newcomes that should have an immediate impact are Louisville Central and Paducah Tilghman.

I agree. the Mason Co./ Russell game should be a dandy. Both teams have great athletes and are well coached. Is this game at home or away for the Devils.

I don't know what kind of a team Russell will have next year, but they have an absolute monster coming back on the line! I saw that kid in Louisville and he looks like the side of a mountain!

I agree. the Mason Co./ Russell game should be a dandy. Both teams have great athletes and are well coached. Is this game at home or away for the Devils.

Here is the link to the Russell Football website. The entire schedule is there. As for the game with Mason Co., Russell will travel to Maysville on 10-19.

 

http://www.russell-ind.k12.ky.us/reddevilssports/footballmainsite.htm

I don't know what kind of a team Russell will have next year, but they have an absolute monster coming back on the line! I saw that kid in Louisville and he looks like the side of a mountain!

Seth Harvey is the one I think you are talking about. He will be a junior 6'5" 330lbs Defensive Tackle.

 

On the offensive line Toby Hicks goes about 330 as well.

 

Russell will have very good size and better than average speed in 07.

Seth Harvey is the one I think you are talking about. He will be a junior 6'5" 330lbs Defensive Tackle.

 

On the offensive line Toby Hicks goes about 330 as well.

 

Russell will have very good size and better than average speed in 07.

 

 

I think these two have been corn fed. Russell is always fun to watch each and every year. They always seem to have that group of kids who step up and become leaders. I see #8 Mr. Jones giving teams fits on both sides of the ball. He just flat out loves to run over people and then score of course.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.