Dunn Part 287

From CTR

Could this be Adam Dunn's final week in a Reds uniform?

When the team exercised its option on the leftfielder this offseason, it triggered a full no-trade clause until June 15, when the clause changes to a limited no-trade clause, with Dunn being able to specify 10 teams to which he'd accept a trade.

That list is usually written into the player's contract, said Reds general manager Walt Jocketty, so the Reds would already have that list. They could also persue a trade with teams not on the list and ask permission from Dunn, but that would be less likely to fly.

However, even though Dunn's full no-trade clause expires on Sunday, there have been no trade discussions involving Dunn, Jocketty said Monday evening.

"There have been no discussions," Jocketty said. "I usually don't comment on trade talks, but there's nothing here to comment on. Nothing's changed."

Following the end of the 2007 season, the Reds exercised their $13 million option on Dunn that could be worth as much as $16 million based on incentives. Dunn would be a free agent following the 2008 season and the Reds would likely get two draft picks as compensation if he left for another team.

http://www.thelotd.com/ctrent/blog/2008/06/09/jocketty_no_trade_talk_for_dunn_yet

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Young hard throwing lefty...i'd be surprised if they'd do it. They already expiremented with Wily Mo.

Dunn is a much better hitter than Wily Mo. And with the possibility of Big Papi being out for an extended amount of time, who knows. There is some power loss with Ortiz out. If the Reds threw in a prospect, I think the Red Sox would have to think about it.

I am not a Dunn guy, we all know that. I can't justify 13 mill on a one tool player. Might as well trade him and get a good triple A prospect or a solid reliever. I really doubt the economics are there next year. Long term I see Votto in left.
Votto is a terrible outfielder ... he's a first baseman, period.

If we are going to trade him Boston would be a good team to grab some pitching prospects from. They have a stable full up there.

Maybe ask for Lester???

Young hard throwing lefty...i'd be surprised if they'd do it. They already expiremented with Wily Mo.

First of where would Adam Dunn play? In Fenway he's either playing left or DHing. At this time he is behind Ramirez or Drew and he is wayyyyyy behind. Either way on offense he isn't a pivitol player. Theo is way sharper than to give up a Half Season Rental in Dunn for Masterson, Lester, Buchholz or even the grizzled veteran Wakefield. Don't fool yourself The Reds don't have very many viable trade partners. You are not getting a Red Sox pitching prospect for your junk. The Sox have won 2 out of the last 4 World Series, and you, you aren't even close.