Jesus: Divine or Man

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are diametrically opposed to one another. If you are fully God, it is not possible to be fully man.

If God is omniscient, man is not

If God is omnipotent, man is not

What could possibly tempt you if you are all powerful

What could harm you if you were all powerful

Jesus simply can't be both.

This is where my faith dramatically differs from Christianity... technically if I'm not sure that Jesus was in fact the son of God, so therefor I'm not really Christian, even though I try to follow his teachings. I'm more of a student of Christianity than a believer I guess?

Both and I have some scripture, shall I write some? Question too easy, come on lets go to Revelation.

And I have some scripture to show that he did even realize his mission until later in life and that he was not God. One of us will have to be wrong so he can't be both.

Those are diametrically opposed to one another. If you are fully God, it is not possible to be fully man.

If God is omniscient, man is not

If God is omnipotent, man is not

What could possibly tempt you if you are all powerful

What could harm you if you were all powerful

Jesus simply can't be both.

All things are possible with God. A god that has to conform to the rules of man is not worth my praise.

And I have some scripture to show that he did even realize his mission until later in life and that he was not God. One of us will have to be wrong so he can't be both.

Let's see them...

Is it a credible source?

I posted this in the Convince Me thread. I didn't see this one before that.

From Catholic.com

Christ’s divinity is shown over and over again in the New Testament. For example, in John 5:18 we are told that Jesus’ opponents sought to kill him because he "called God his Father, making himself equal with God."

In John 8:58, when quizzed about how he has special knowledge of Abraham, Jesus replies, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am"—invoking and applying to himself the personal name of God—"I Am" (Ex. 3:14). His audience understood exactly what he was claiming about himself. "So they took up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple" (John 8:59).

In John 20:28, Thomas falls at Jesus’ feet, exclaiming, "My Lord and my God!" (Greek: Ho Kurios mou kai ho Theos mou—literally, "The Lord of me and the God of me!")

In Philippians 2:6, Paul tells us that Christ Jesus "[w]ho, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped" (New International Version). So Jesus chose to be born in humble, human form though he could have simply remained in equal glory with the Father for he was "in very nature God."

Also significant are passages that apply the title "the First and the Last" to Jesus. This is one of the Old Testament titles of Yahweh: "Thus says Yahweh, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, Yahweh of armies: ‘I am the First and I am the Last; besides me there is no god’" (Is. 44:6; cf. 41:4, 48:12).

This title is directly applied to Jesus three times in the book of Revelation: "When I saw him [Christ], I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand upon me, saying, ‘Fear not, I am the First and the Last’" (Rev. 1:17). "And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: ‘The words of the First and the Last, who died and came to life’" (Rev. 2:8). "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the beginning and the end" (Rev. 22:12–13).

This last quote is especially significant since it applies to Jesus the parallel title "the Alpha and the Omega," which Revelation earlier applied to the Lord God: "‘I am the Alpha and the Omega,’ says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty" (Rev. 1:8).

As the following quotes show, the early Church Fathers also recognized that Jesus Christ is God and were adamant in maintaining this precious truth.

As for the original question my answer is Both.

I beleive that Jesus is the only one that is pefect and completely without sin and is God in the flesh, he became man so the sins of man could be put upon him, therefore giving us Salvation. Jesus will return to earth for his children (Christians) as Almighty God, Lord and Saviour.

I usually do not enter into this type of discussion and will not get into any argument and debate on it. I just stated my answer to the question and what I know to be fact through my faith.

In other words, God said it, I believe it, that's it.