Can anyone beat Trinity? In the post season...

The key is shortening the game and by that I mean by running the ball successfully and limiting the offensive possessions. I would think that someone that runs the veer or option would have the best luck along with a philosophy of watching the referee start the play clock and not snap the ball until there are 2 or 3 seconds left on the play clock. Have your backs and oline get up slow and stay in bounds. For the most part their depth and offensive coaches are good enough to scheme you and score points you just have to hope to limit them to under 8 possessions. The fewer the better.

Playing not to lose usually is a bad thing. It won't work against the Big 2. St.X has the size and depth to beat you at your own game. Trinity will be Trinity. You give them 8 possessions thats probaly means Rocks will score in the 30's. Running a Dean Smith type four corner offense will only make it worse.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The key is shortening the game and by that I mean by running the ball successfully and limiting the offensive possessions. I would think that someone that runs the veer or option would have the best luck along with a philosophy of watching the referee start the play clock and not snap the ball until there are 2 or 3 seconds left on the play clock. Have your backs and oline get up slow and stay in bounds. For the most part their depth and offensive coaches are good enough to scheme you and score points you just have to hope to limit them to under 8 possessions. The fewer the better.

Ask Boone County and Ryle how that strategy has worked against Trinity recently.

Not many pubic schools unless Trinity has a down year. Most of the northern teams have a really hard time with CovCath, let alone a bigger stronger private school.

The only northern teams who have a shot at Trinity each year are CovCath and Highlands and there in lower classes. Flawled system.

I'm a firm believer in the old "on any given night..." axiom. But for that given night to happen 2 things will have to happen. The opponent will have to play a great game and Trinity will have to play a substandard game. It's happened twice since Beatty has been at Trinity

I'm a firm believer in the old "on any given night..." axiom. But for that given night to happen 2 things will have to happen. The opponent will have to play a great game and Trinity will have to play a substandard game. It's happened twice since Beatty has been at Trinity
Dixie Heights and ... ?

Male in 2000.

Trinity is 35-2 in the playoffs in only 8 years under Beatty. No one else has beaten them in October, November or December since he's been here.

I always liked the fall months.

35 - 2

:scared::scared::scared: Who has the team, talent, coaching to get a W over the Rocks in the playoffs? I just don't see anyone that can step up and get the job done. Tigers have tried but come up short... Maybe time for somebody else to knock on the door.....

:mad:

I must say the current run is much easier to watch than the drought from 1995 until 2001. My crew used to wonder aloud if the Shamrocks would score

during the 1995 to 1999 stretch. The 2000 season wasn't bad under Mr. Wright. 2001 gave Shamrock Nation a preview of what was to come under Mr. Beatty's system. The younger Rock fans should appreciate where the program has come from and really enjoy the current hot streak. Also, Trinity hasn't been blowing the more competitive teams out......2003 won by three in final with Trinity's best all-time QB; 2005 won by 8 in the final,running out the clock under the shadow of Trinity end zone; 2006...stopped Male at their goal line on last play of game to win the battle of the top two ranked teams prior to final; 2007... needed 4th quarter rally and OT to avenge earlier loss to win by 6.

Trinity has had favored teams bow out in all sorts of ways. Lost 3-0 in 1997 final after fumble gave opponent ball inside 20. In years gone by, Dixie Heights, Ballard, Butler, Doss, & Southern own upset wins during the playoffs. Loss to Shelton's Bryan Station team was probably deemed an upset as well. Tates Creek buried the Rocks in 1998. Boone County was usually a struggle.

Shamrock Nation isn't generally arrogant or cocky, simply confident. :thumb:

I must say the current run is much easier to watch than the drought from 1995 until 2001. My crew used to wonder aloud if the Shamrocks would score

during the 1995 to 1999 stretch. The 2000 season wasn't bad under Mr. Wright. 2001 gave Shamrock Nation a preview of what was to come under Mr. Beatty's system. The younger Rock fans should appreciate where the program has come from and really enjoy the current hot streak. Also, Trinity hasn't been blowing the more competitive teams out......2003 won by three in final with Trinity's best all-time QB; 2005 won by 8 in the final,running out the clock under the shadow of Trinity end zone; 2006...stopped Male at their goal line on last play of game to win the battle of the top two ranked teams prior to final; 2007... needed 4th quarter rally and OT to avenge earlier loss to win by 6.

Trinity has had favored teams bow out in all sorts of ways. Lost 3-0 in 1997 final after fumble gave opponent ball inside 20. In years gone by, Dixie Heights, Ballard, Butler, Doss, & Southern own upset wins during the playoffs. Loss to Shelton's Bryan Station team was probably deemed an upset as well. Tates Creek buried the Rocks in 1998. Boone County was usually a struggle.

Shamrock Nation isn't generally arrogant or cocky, simply confident. :thumb:

Beatty was there in 2000, Wright was there in 1999. :thumb: