Can anyone beat Trinity? In the post season...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only X can
I'm in no way going to argue that T and X are not the best teams. However I don't think it is out of the question for another team to find itself in the picture. Take Manual for example. In "like" contest they were not that far behind Trinity in many games. Had they faced each other last season it wouldn't take a great leap to assume they would have competed.

Depends on matchups, obviously.

For example, any given year Manual has a much better shot at beating Trinity than they do at beating X in the playoffs, even though I think Trinity's postseason record speaks for itself as to which is the better one-and-done club.

Obviously there are teams that can beat us, especially X, Male, or Manual. That said, I firmly believe we have the best coaches and the best system. Therefore, I think it takes a great effort to beat us in the postseason.

The key is shortening the game and by that I mean by running the ball successfully and limiting the offensive possessions. I would think that someone that runs the veer or option would have the best luck along with a philosophy of watching the referee start the play clock and not snap the ball until there are 2 or 3 seconds left on the play clock. Have your backs and oline get up slow and stay in bounds. For the most part their depth and offensive coaches are good enough to scheme you and score points you just have to hope to limit them to under 8 possessions. The fewer the better.