Can anyone beat Trinity? In the post season...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the coaches think it is in the best interest of the program and the kids then yes juniors will play on the JV team. There is no rule against it, it is just a self imposed limitation that some schools chose to follow.

I'll let you all in on a little secret. It would be perfectly legal to play seniors on the JV team. It would also be perfectly leagal to paly your entire varsity team on the JV team. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose though since JV is to get reps in a game situation for people who don't get them in varsity games.

If the coaches think it is in the best interest of the program and the kids then yes juniors will play on the JV team. There is no rule against it, it is just a self imposed limitation that some schools chose to follow.

I'll let you all in on a little secret. It would be perfectly legal to play seniors on the JV team. It would also be perfectly leagal to paly your entire varsity team on the JV team. That would kind of defeat the whole purpose though since JV is to get reps in a game situation for people who don't get them in varsity games.

I was unaware of this, I've never bothered to look it up but I was always told Seniors couldn't play JV. As far as I know ONLY StX doesn't play Jrs in JV games. They are also one of the few teams that has the total numbers to do this.

Just seems as if it would be somewhat difficult to keep the parents "happy"... with their son, being a JR or Sr. and playing JV ball. Everyone knows JV is a Soph level. It would seem somewhat difficult to understand that if you son was a Soph and he would not be allowed to play until his Sr year.... BUT, if it is in the best interest of the "program" then by all means the practice is embraced by Sr parents...

Just some food for thought during this summer season.

Just seems as if it would be somewhat difficult to keep the parents "happy"... with their son, being a JR or Sr. and playing JV ball. Everyone knows JV is a Soph level. It would seem somewhat difficult to understand that if you son was a Soph and he would not be allowed to play until his Sr year.... BUT, if it is in the best interest of the "program" then by all means the practice is embraced by Sr parents...

Are you serious? :confused: Since when is it required that a coach keep the parents happy? :lol:

You need to go back down to the River.. Side and have a few cold drinks. Everyone is fully aware that JV stands for Junior Varsity, not sophomore varsity. Wake up. You can't tell me that everyone on Poplar Level Road is happy when their son gets to be a junior and is seating the entire season. Why not give them the reps on JV in case the varsity starter got hurt. Well, this makes too much cents...

It is a little early for the JV debate. The X fans usually don't bring this up until after the T/X JV game. Must be slow at work.

;):p

You may not want to go there this year. If I was an X fan, I would be talking up their JV team based on what I saw from their freshman team last year. Their pretty tough.......alot tougher than T. Last year's T freshman team was slow all around....

You may not want to go there this year. If I was an X fan, I would be talking up their JV team based on what I saw from their freshman team last year. Their pretty tough.......alot tougher than T. Last year's T freshman team was slow all around....

No question but that on the Frosh. and JV levels - X has had T's # the past few seasons. Those losses "hurt" as well. Hopefully the T players use that to improve and for additional motivation. When perhaps the overall approach and philosophy of the T Coaches is analyzed - of course they want to win but they also want to BUILD AND IMPROVE.

BTW - ( and aren't I the dummy here as well) ---but this thread is supposed ot be about T & the Post Season --how did we get off inot Fresh. and JV ball ??????????????????:confused::confused:

Let's refocus.

Maybe one reason Trinity has been successful in the post season is how they handle their JV "team." I don't know for sure how it has been for the last few years, but it used to be that Trinity did not emphasize a JV team. Rather, they just assembled the players who were going to play the particular JV contest and turned them loose. There was no such thing as a JV team that had practices as such.