UK Gets A Verbal From 8th Grader

jcdevil

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's already 6'4". Unless he is supposed to be a 4 or 5 that's tall enough to play. As far as being a mental giant, surely as a UC fan during the Huggins era, you know that's one requirement that is not required for NCAA basketball.

I'm not saying this kid will be a star or have the career of Okoye, but if a kid that age can play D1 football and excell, I don't think it is worthy of criticising BCG for thinking that he can project a kid of that age to be worthy of a scholarship in 5 years.

He is a child!!!

I'm not saying this kid will be a star or have the career of Okoye, but if a kid that age can play D1 football and excell, I don't think it is worthy of criticising BCG for thinking that he can project a kid of that age to be worthy of a scholarship in 5 years.

When you compare him to Okoye you compare him to someone that at 15 had to be judged as ready NOW. That's why it's apples and anchovies...

The kid has 4 years before he can be on campus. It really is a bad deal for him. What happens if Billy G. is arrested and fired. The next coach may not want another 6'3 guard.

He's not locked into anything. Even if nothing happens to BCG/UK, he's free to change his mind and go elsewhere.

The kid has 4 years before he can be on campus. It really is a bad deal for him. What happens if Billy G. is arrested and fired. The next coach may not want another 6'3 guard.

So you're saying if Florida State, Notre Dame, or USC had offered Buckett in the 8th grade you would've turned it down?

What happens if the NCAA does away with men's basketball before he gets to campus? He'll be stuck going to UK and getting a degree in Sociology! :rolleyes:

He's not locked into anything. Even if nothing happens to BCG/UK, he's free to change his mind and go elsewhere.

What I was saying what if Billy G isnt around and no other school wants the kid. The next coach says he doesn't want him. Now who is getting the short end?

What I was saying what if Billy G isnt around and no other school wants the kid. The next coach says he doesn't want him. Now who is getting the short end?

He was good enough to be offered a scholarship by UK. I'm sure he'd be able to find some place to play.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it Buckett. I'm sure the kid will be fine.

So you're asking what if he's not good enough to get ANY scholarship offers by the time he goes to school?

Then he's in the same boat he would've been in without comitting early. He'll have to pay his own way like every other kid who's not talented enough to get an athletic scholarship.

He was good enough to be offered a scholarship by UK. I'm sure he'd be able to find some place to play.

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it Buckett. I'm sure the kid will be fine.

Won't lose any sleep over it. I actually wish he would lock up all the scholly's over the next 10 years with kids that still have room not to develope.

So you're asking what if he's not good enough to get ANY scholarship offers by the time he goes to school?

Then he's in the same boat he would've been in without comitting early. He'll have to pay his own way like every other kid who's not talented enough to get an athletic scholarship.

Don't this look bad on UK when the next coach wants to back off the offer?