Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Gets A Verbal From 8th Grader

Featured Replies

I don't have a problem with this at all. I actually like the move.

Yes a lot could change before it's actually time for him to sign.

 

Any other time I would say that there would be a slim chance that this kid would actually ever play a game for UK but after reading a few articles I found that his dad actually contacted UK about an offer. Maybe his dad is a big UK fan or something ?

 

I'm glad we offered. Imagine the up roar if this kid continues to improve and his a highly rated star in the 2012 class that goes elsewhere because we didn't offer when we had the chance.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Mark it Down"

 

One of these days we are going to have a 6 month old sign a LOI to a Division 1 school. It will based on a family tradition of success in sports. It's just a matter of time before that barrier is broken next. :lol:

Uk just got a verbal from 8th grader Michael Avery, a 6'4 guard from Sherwood California.

 

WOW.. At first I thought "UK just got a Gerbal from a 8th. grader"?:creepy:

"Mark it Down"

 

One of these days we are going to have a 6 month old sign a LOI to a Division 1 school. It will based on a family tradition of success in sports. It's just a matter of time before that barrier is broken next. :lol:

 

If a 6 month old can sign his name, why would we put him on an athletic scholarship when clearly he'd qualify for an academic one? :lol:

"Mark it Down"

 

One of these days we are going to have a 6 month old sign a LOI to a Division 1 school. It will based on a family tradition of success in sports. It's just a matter of time before that barrier is broken next. :lol:

 

Maybe it is possible a test tube could have a future offer.

His age has to be considered in BCG's decision as well. He's 15 and in the 8th grade. I was in the 10th grade when I was 15. So actually he's a sophomore...in age anyway. He's not your typical 8th grader by about 2 years.

53% of the people would agree with you.:thumb:

...and 5 out of 3 people have trouble with fractions.

His age has to be considered in BCG's decision as well. He's 15 and in the 8th grade. I was in the 10th grade when I was 15. So actually he's a sophomore...in age anyway. He's not your typical 8th grader by about 2 years.

 

I would see that as a detriment as much as an advantage for the kid. That tells me he doesnt have as much growing to do as a 13 year old and could top out on size and talent soon.

I would see that as a detriment as much as an advantage for the kid. That tells me he doesnt have as much growing to do as a 13 year old and could top out on size and talent soon.

Good point. He may have maxed out his size already. The talent potential must be there, however, to get BCG so excited.

My 7-year-old son has committed to the University of Kentucky today. He said he chose UK over Duke because "only sissies go to Duke". He led his pee wee basketball team in scoring, rebounding, assists, and Little Debbie snack cakes ate after each game. He was also first in the hand shake line more than any other player on his team. He hasn't qualified academically but he did make a 100 on his spelling test Wednesday and made a 95 on his units test. "I like Kentucky because the big furry cat on TV that goes to the game looks cool. Plus, my grandpa says Kentucky is where the real good players go," my son said. Incredibly, no word has been received from the UK coaches concerning their latest verbal.

 

 

Scribe this may be the greatest post I have read while a member of BGP. I was literally crying as I read it. The bolded was my favorite although it was great as a whole.

Go after them early. I say, if this kid stays to his word and comes to UK, it will be a miracle that he does not go somewhere else.

Yahoo! has just picked up on the story and it is on their frontpage. :lol:

Yahoo! has just picked up on the story and it is on their frontpage. :lol:

 

Yep, UK IS BIGGER THAN THE OLSEN TWINS!!! :banana::lol:

untitled.JPG

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.