Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK Gets A Verbal From 8th Grader

Featured Replies

  • Replies 111
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's already 6'4". Unless he is supposed to be a 4 or 5 that's tall enough to play. As far as being a mental giant, surely as a UC fan during the Huggins era, you know that's one requirement that is not required for NCAA basketball.

 

I'm not saying this kid will be a star or have the career of Okoye, but if a kid that age can play D1 football and excell, I don't think it is worthy of criticising BCG for thinking that he can project a kid of that age to be worthy of a scholarship in 5 years.

 

 

He is a child!!!

I'm not saying this kid will be a star or have the career of Okoye, but if a kid that age can play D1 football and excell, I don't think it is worthy of criticising BCG for thinking that he can project a kid of that age to be worthy of a scholarship in 5 years.

 

When you compare him to Okoye you compare him to someone that at 15 had to be judged as ready NOW. That's why it's apples and anchovies...

In coaches press conference he stated that the 15 and under group he saw play was the best he had ever seen. I'm assuming this kid stood out, and the dad did contact Billy G.

The kid has 4 years before he can be on campus. It really is a bad deal for him. What happens if Billy G. is arrested and fired. The next coach may not want another 6'3 guard.

The kid has 4 years before he can be on campus. It really is a bad deal for him. What happens if Billy G. is arrested and fired. The next coach may not want another 6'3 guard.

 

He's not locked into anything. Even if nothing happens to BCG/UK, he's free to change his mind and go elsewhere.

The kid has 4 years before he can be on campus. It really is a bad deal for him. What happens if Billy G. is arrested and fired. The next coach may not want another 6'3 guard.

 

So you're saying if Florida State, Notre Dame, or USC had offered Buckett in the 8th grade you would've turned it down?

The kid has 4 years before he can be on campus. It really is a bad deal for him. What happens if Billy G. is arrested and fired. The next coach may not want another 6'3 guard.

 

What happens if the NCAA does away with men's basketball before he gets to campus? He'll be stuck going to UK and getting a degree in Sociology! :rolleyes:

I think that if the NCAA is okay with it I don't see a problem. Is it really a bad thing to offer a kid a free education?

He's not locked into anything. Even if nothing happens to BCG/UK, he's free to change his mind and go elsewhere.

 

What I was saying what if Billy G isnt around and no other school wants the kid. The next coach says he doesn't want him. Now who is getting the short end?

What happens if the NCAA does away with men's basketball before he gets to campus? He'll be stuck going to UK and getting a degree in Sociology! :rolleyes:

 

 

Then I guess he wont go to UK.........:sleep:

What I was saying what if Billy G isnt around and no other school wants the kid. The next coach says he doesn't want him. Now who is getting the short end?

 

He was good enough to be offered a scholarship by UK. I'm sure he'd be able to find some place to play.

 

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it Buckett. I'm sure the kid will be fine.

What I was saying what if Billy G isnt around and no other school wants the kid. The next coach says he doesn't want him. Now who is getting the short end?

 

So you're asking what if he's not good enough to get ANY scholarship offers by the time he goes to school?

 

Then he's in the same boat he would've been in without comitting early. He'll have to pay his own way like every other kid who's not talented enough to get an athletic scholarship.

He was good enough to be offered a scholarship by UK. I'm sure he'd be able to find some place to play.

 

I wouldn't lose a lot of sleep over it Buckett. I'm sure the kid will be fine.

 

 

Won't lose any sleep over it. I actually wish he would lock up all the scholly's over the next 10 years with kids that still have room not to develope.

So you're asking what if he's not good enough to get ANY scholarship offers by the time he goes to school?

 

Then he's in the same boat he would've been in without comitting early. He'll have to pay his own way like every other kid who's not talented enough to get an athletic scholarship.

 

Don't this look bad on UK when the next coach wants to back off the offer?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.