John McCain on Abortion

Hearsay, I consider a pretty wise person based on your post. Surely you don't believe that?

I don't think he does. He's much too bright to believe that. I think he was saying that some who are pro-life on abortion argue their pro-death penalty stance that way, saying that, in a sense ,the death penalty actually saves lives.Of course, that is absurd. (I hope that's kinda what he was saying)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Execution is not a deterrent at all. People who argue that are wrong and statistics prove it.
Nonsense. How many prison guards have been killed by prisoners serving life sentences or awaiting execution? Of that total, how many would have met the same fate had their killers been executed and buried?

I think it is really sad that we live in a day that the govt. has to have funding to educate people on sex/abstain/abortion/birth control.

I would venture to say that those on here are responsible parent(s) and had responsible parent(s) and learned these things at home, and didn't have to depend on a govt. program to be taught about it or against it.

I think it is really sad that we live in a day that the govt. has to have funding to educate people on sex/abstain/abortion/birth control.

I would venture to say that those on here are responsible parent(s) and had responsible parent(s) and learned these things at home, and didn't have to depend on a govt. program to be taught about it or against it.

Too many parents now are totally irresponsible. Drugs are more important than their kids. Pathetic.

Too many parents now are totally irresponsible. Drugs are more important than their kids. Pathetic.

Not just drugs...

Booze

New boyfriends/girlfriends

Work

Going out

General Selfishness

My generation - the ones parenting the 0-18 year olds right now - has turned into the most selfish generation of parents America has ever known.

We have made a lot of advancements in communication, industry, etc. but the stable/structured family has suffered greatly.

He's lying. They're all lying.

What the average american doesn't understand is that these politicians will say whatever it is that they think will get them elected. I mean, you can't blame them it's s money, but these guy's are untrustable. Im a Obama supporter by far, and I realize that he is lying to. It's about being real.

He's lying. They're all lying.

What the average american doesn't understand is that these politicians will say whatever it is that they think will get them elected. I mean, you can't blame them it's s money, but these guy's are untrustable. Im a Obama supporter by far, and I realize that he is lying to. It's about being real.

I don't believe all politicians are liars.

Let me guess; you are 18...19 maybe?

:rolleyes: I respect my elders as much as possible, but this is a condescending comment, don't you think?

I'm 18, and while I know your going to be hard-pressed to find big-time national politicians who aren't liars, there are some out there. Guys like Alan Keyes and maybe even Pat Buchanon come to mind. Heck, even Ron Paul was as honest as they come IMO.

:rolleyes: I respect my elders as much as possible, but this is a condescending comment, don't you think?

I'm 18, and while I know your going to be hard-pressed to find big-time national politicians who aren't liars, there are some out there. Guys like Alan Keyes and maybe even Pat Buchanon come to mind. Heck, even Ron Paul was as honest as they come IMO.

I don't think it is really all that condescending. Anyone who believes that there is a politician out there that doesn't lie is being naive. Politicians, or at least a large majority, are liars.

I don't think it is really all that condescending. Anyone who believes that there is a politician out there that doesn't lie is being naive. Politicians, or at least a large majority, are liars.

Agreed. But anyone who assumes someone's age based on a statement that wasn't even false (there are SOME honest politicians, just not the major ones) is insulting to the intelligence of someone of an age that is comparable.