John McCain on Abortion

Since these appointments what has happened? Uh, nothing.

You do realize that it takes time for the cases to move through the judicial system and that they cannot be filed straight to the Supreme Court, correct?

And btw, didn't the SC uphold the constitutionality of the Partial Birth Abortion Bill that GW signed into law after the Clintons vetoed it and kept partial birth abortion as legal?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,266724,00.html

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court upheld the nationwide ban on a controversial abortion procedure Wednesday, handing abortion opponents the long-awaited victory they expected from a more conservative bench.

The 5-4 ruling said the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act that Congress passed and President Bush signed into law in 2003 does not violate a woman's constitutional right to an abortion.

Click here to read the full Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act.

The opponents of the act "have not demonstrated that the Act would be unconstitutional in a large fraction of relevant cases," Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion.

The decision pitted the court's conservatives against its liberals, with President Bush's two appointees, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito, siding with the majority.

Justices Clarence Thomas and Antonin Scalia also were in the majority.

It was the first time the court banned a specific procedure in a case over how — not whether — to perform an abortion.

Irish thanks for the opportunity to prove our point on the matter, please continue to raise questions that continues to prove our point.

Once again, when did the partial birth abortion ban take place, way to long ago.

Clinton vetoed it and partial birth abortion became law.

GW signed it into law and it was banned in 2003. It made it's way through the legal system with decisions and appeals till it reached the Supreme Court where it was upheld with George Bush's two Supreme Court appointees having key roles in it.

With a Democrat President like Clinton, it would have 1) never been banned because a Democrat would have vetoed it; 2) not been upheld by Supreme Court because the Dem President would have most likely appointed a SC judge that would have ruled against it.

Once again, irish, thanks for bringing the point up so that it can be VERY CLEAR that a Republican President DID take steps both by law and by appointing Supreme Court justices that furthers the fight against abortion.

If you want to keep killing unborn babies in this country based on the Presidency of Clinton vs. GW, elect another Democrat.

If you want to further the fight against abortion in this country and move it further on down the line to eventual banning, elect a Republican.

Clinton vetoed it and partial birth abortion became law.

GW signed it into law and it was banned in 2003. It made it's way through the legal system with decisions and appeals till it reached the Supreme Court where it was upheld with George Bush's two Supreme Court appointees having key roles in it.

With a Democrat President like Clinton, it would have 1) never been banned because a Democrat would have vetoed it; 2) not been upheld by Supreme Court because the Dem President would have most likely appointed a SC judge that would have ruled against it.

Once again, irish, thanks for bringing the point up so that it can be VERY CLEAR that a Republican President DID take steps both by law and by appointing Supreme Court justices that furthers the fight against abortion.

If you want to keep killing unborn babies in this country based on the Presidency of Clinton vs. GW, elect another Democrat.

If you want to further the fight against abortion in this country and move it further on down the line to eventual banning, elect a Republican.

Return some degree of respectability to this country.

Elect a Democrat.

Return some degree of respectability to this country.

Elect a Democrat.

Respectability is in the eye of the beholder.

I see NO respectability in a party that says it is acceptable in a country to kill unborn children.

Obviously, you believe there is.

I never said anything about Democrats or Bill Clinton. Everyone knows he was a fool for not signing the ban. As far as the Republicans getting it banned altogether, what would they use to get elected the next time? What about all the innocent people in Iraq? Is it ok to invade their country for no reason and kill thousands? I don't think so. You can have both parties, I don't have one anymore.

Respectability is in the eye of the beholder.

I see NO respectability in a party that says it is acceptable in a country to kill unborn children.

Obviously, you believe there is.

Outlawing abortion would just equal more back alley abortions.

Instead of spending our time and efforts trying to over turn Roe vs. Wade, why not increase funding for sex education?

Outlawing abortion would just equal more back alley abortions.

Instead of spending our time and efforts trying to over turn Roe vs. Wade, why not increase funding for sex education?

To be brutally honest, if a women would rather put herself at that risk rather than just be responsible with her body, then it is up to her. I know that, in the scenario that abortion was illegal, if I knew someone who had an unplanned pregnancy, I would advise them to keep the baby or at least put it up for adoption. And for the record, I know that the overturning of Roe v. Wade would have to come with other drastic changes.

Since Roe v. Wade was overturned, an average of more than 3.000 human lives have been lost each day. If and when the decision is finally overturned, it is unlikely that the overall number of deaths would not decline.

Since Roe v. Wade was overturned, an average of more than 3.000 human lives have been lost each day. If and when the decision is finally overturned, it is unlikely that the overall number of deaths would not decline.

With the use of un in front of likely and the not in front of decline, I am not sure what you mean by the bolded.

With the use of un in front of likely and the not in front of decline, I am not sure what you mean by the bolded.
I mean that the few women who might die at the hands of people doing back alley abortions is likely to be dwarfed by the number of unborn innocent lives saved. If you prefer, strike the "un" and the "not" from the sentence.

I mean that the few women who might die at the hands of people doing back alley abortions is likely to be dwarfed by the number of unborn innocent lives saved. If you prefer, strike the "un" and the "not" from the sentence.

:thumb:Understand your point now. Thanks.

You know I bolded a key part of your point.

The babies DID NOTHING to get put into the situation they are in.

The women have made two irresponsible actions to get into that situation. 1) Sex that led to an unwanted pregnancy; 2) choose a back alley abortion instead of taking on the responsibility of being a parent.

I guess you could blame the baby for being a good sperm and swimming to the egg. It is the babies fault for being a good sperm swimmer, I guess.