John McCain on Abortion

Instead of spending our time and efforts trying to over turn Roe vs. Wade, why not increase funding for sex education?

I ask this question not as an arguement to your statement, but out of a sincere curiosity.

What more could you teach with more funding? How much money does it take to explain to a group of teenagers what causes pregnancy and methods that can help prevent it?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ask this question not as an arguement to your statement, but out of a sincere curiosity.

What more could you teach with more funding? How much money does it take to explain to a group of teenagers what causes pregnancy and methods that can help prevent it?

I would like to see statistics regarding how many schools actually teach sex education.

I would like to see statistics regarding how many schools actually teach sex education.

Do you think that is related to finances? It really seems to me that if a school wanted it, they could it include it under Health/PE, Social Studies, Life Skills, or whatever and give it 1/2 hour per week. I really think I could explain how the reproductive system works, and ways to avoid pregnancy (abstinance included), in one or two hours.

Do you think that is related to finances? It really seems to me that if a school wanted it, they could it include it under Health/PE, Social Studies, Life Skills, or whatever and give it 1/2 hour per week. I really think I could explain how the reproductive system works, and ways to avoid pregnancy (abstinance included), in one or two hours.

I'm not sure it can just be thrown in to curriculum and taught by someone who is not qualified to teach it.