D. Horn to South Carolina

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be there for long if he starts losing he will be gone.

His style of play will win games....maybe not in March, but it will win a bunch of games in November, December, and January...that'll probably get them to some tourneys....he made the right call, even though, I am upset about it.

^ He is a Western Alum, as is his wife...he loves Bowling Green....I love Louisville, but if someone came to me and offered 400% more than what I am making right now, to do this job in South Carolina....PEACE.

I know all of the above.

Still think he could have held out another year or two for a better job. By better job I mean one he could be successful with.

^ you may be right....but let's say he goes 16-14 next year, and follows that with a 19-11 season, both w/o the tourney.....nobody will be calling. IMO, you have to strike while the iron is hot, and it is smoldering right now.

He won't be there for long if he starts losing he will be gone.
So what? He's got a contract for $3.75 million for five years ... as long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he's going to get paid even if they fire him after two years.

So what? He's got a contract for $3.75 million for five years ... as long as he doesn't do anything stupid, he's going to get paid even if they fire him after two years.

...and he can walk back to a mid-major and get a job the next night. Everything about this is a good move for Darrin Horn.