Your favorite team of all time!!

Young Gun

It was a very nice hit no doubt, but Luke bounced right back up off the ground and didn't miss a beat, so if that's your definition of "absolutely destroy", I assume your one of the boys in the cheering section.:D:D:D

Correct I was in the student section. I'm happy he didn't get hurt, my destruction doesn't need to result in injury :lol:. Anyways, he (Stein) got me back big time a few months later so the hit is huge to me ;) (I guess PM me if you care for the details)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any of Boyle's state champions! :D

Actually I pick 2 from Boyle.

1979 Rebels. My Junior Year. Boyle went 9-1 and defeated Class AA semi-finalist Washington County, Perennial teams Danville, Harrodsburg and Somerset, and AAA District Champ Lincoln who was 10-1 on the season. We missed the playoffs because of a loss to a 7-4 Russell County team. It was both a heartbreaking season and a special ride mainly because we lost 18 of 22 starters the year before and no one expected it.

2003 Rebels. I felt that team did more unexpectedly than any of the Rebel teams in the run. They went 15-0 with only 2 really close contests (Highlands by 2 points and Pulaski by 5) and both of those turned into Big wins in the Regional Finals and State Finals. They had wins over Henry Clay, State Champion Danville, Lafayette, Highlands twice, Cole Draughn and Pulaski twice, and a talented Tighlman squad in Paducah. I'm not sure they were as talented as the predecessors but they played very well as a team and you can't do much better than going perfect. :thumb:

High School would be Belfry. I graduated 20+ yrs ago and I wear a sweatshirt that reads "Once A Pirate Always A Pirate." The 1985 state runners up team was a close knit group. A couple of the players from that team are a part of the coaching staff now at BHS.

College would be Marshall. When they were in the Southern Conference and would play Appy State that was some great memories also. The National Championship was wonderful too!!!

1995 Leslie Co. Team.

Good Things:

Beat Belfry twice, once for the Region

Beat Highlands in the Thouroughbred Bowl.

Had 5 or 6 televised games.

HAd most of the Major college coaches in America in Hyden every week.

Bad Things:

-Getting Destroyed by Hopkinsville 61-0 (Came back the next week and beat Belfry)

-Passing the ball 4 straight times in overtime from the 10 yard line and losing to Sheldon Clark in the last game of the regular season.(Should have run QB sneak 4 times in a row, they're center was 6'5 330.

-Hearing that cannon fire a million times when we got beat at Highlands in the State-Semi's.

Male 06/07 son's senior year. Lost to the rocks, Josh williams scored on an end around, play called back due to WR not set a split second. WR was on the other side of the field and had no bareing on the play.

1970 Iroquois Raiders, I was on the team and our last scrimmage before the season we defeated the state champs Rocks. That win destroyed our heads and we finished 4-6.

Male 06/07 son's senior year. Lost to the rocks, Josh williams scored on an end around, play called back due to WR not set a split second. WR was on the other side of the field and had no bareing on the play.

I love sour grapes.....don't blame the loss on the refs...blame it on your stubborn coach.

1970 Iroquois Raiders, I was on the team and our last scrimmage before the season we defeated the state champs Rocks. That win destroyed our heads and we finished 4-6.

Iroqouis went 4-6 in 1969...which would make your post make more sense in that we were the reigning state champs from 68...you must've graduated in '70.

Didn't mention "refs" there chief. Actually spoke with the Ref and agreed it was a decent call. Notice I said "bareing" since the play was on the other side of the field and Male gained no advantage from the split second delay in the WR getting set.

Rocks won the state and we played them and shut them out 6-0. I was there. Alan Hennesey wasn't, he had graduated the year before.

2001 Ashland watching Arliss Beach run up and down the field of Putnam Stadium was worth the price of admission.

You should have seen that backfield in 1990 at Ashland with Jaun Thomas, Charles Johnson and Chris Hutt!:scared:

2001 Ashland watching Arliss Beach run up and down the field of Putnam Stadium was worth the price of admission.

Must not have watched the 1990 Tomcats .......Or the 1988 team.....Arliss was what he was....A great player on sub-par teams.

I loved Lex Cath's 1998 team. It was the year before my freshman year and the team ended their season on a loss to Danville and Jeremy Britt in the regional semifinals. The team had two major college linemen in Jason Weathers and Kevin Bailey. Had a long snapper for Michigan I believe in Ross Mann. Ryan Neff was just beginning to bust out as the first big QB in Sphire's west coast offense. The wide recieving core was loaded with athletic guys. Had an exciting linebacker/fullback in Matt Haney. The team was undefeated for the first time in the regular season for this program. And by Bob Sphire's own words, was probably the best team he ever had play for him. I saw a lot of games but sadly few stand out for me anymore, but I remember that team beating Boyle Co. in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the last loss the Rebels would experience for a good amount of years.

1977 Henderson County High School

This was the first year of the merger of the city and county school system into the large school it is now. Henderson City was going to have a really good team. Lots of tension and Mojo Holloway molded a championship team out of those kids. Lost to Trintiy in the state championship game on a fake field goal 28-24.

3 - 1000 yard rushers with a 4th just missing the 1000 yard club after missing several games with a broken thumb.

A great way to intorduce the merger!