AFC North in debt to Cleveland

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Browns addressed a bigger need and they got a great LT. No way that pick was a mistake...you have to build the offensive and defensive lines first. If you don't address those two areas, you have no chance...

I don't think you can ever go wrong by drafting a pro bowl linemen. I doubt the Browns regret their pick.

I don't think Portis has looked bad in Washington. He's been a bit more injury-prone there.

He hasn't looked bad, but when they traded for him I think they thought they were getting a better back. Back-to-back 1500+ yard seasons in Denver, a couple of 1300 yard seasons in Washington and 1200 this past season. IMO the O-line in Denver made him look unstoppable, and while he's still a good back, the O-line gave him the superstar status!

I think it was a combination of things for Portis in Denver vs. in Washington...in Denver it wasn't just the o-line, but the offensive scheme and surrounding talent as well that opened things up for him. It suited his style better.

I think the 'Skins o-line is pretty good...they've had some injuries in the past. Also, their QB situation hasn't been very good...the offense was stagnant and the WR talent wasn't all that great...

...Portis has been forced to carry a lot of the load and teams have been able to really key on him. With Campbell emerging, I think things are getting a little better in DC on the offensive side. It may help Portis return to his previous form...if he's still got enough left.

The topic was the AFC N is in debt to Cleveland. While Thomas will help their line I am aware of the fact he is a good player, Peterson would have drove all off the AFC N teams crazy. The speedy less athletic Willie Parker does a nice job of it now.

You guys forget he is a rookie, probably because he is breaking records like its his job. This kid is only going to get better. Nowhere near his prime, still learning how to read blocks and adapting to the speed of the NFL, which in his case, he's faster than most defenses.

He is the #1 pick in all fantasy drafts next year, and im glad he wont be putting up 2000 all purpose yards, 15-20 td's in the Bengals division. The Browns have a solid tackle, when they could have had the future NFL MVP, they will need to replace Lewis shortly, chances are it wont be with the NFL MVP.

Thomas was selected to the pro bowl replacing an injured player I believe. Peterson won the MVP award during the game. Thomas, finished second in rookie of the year, to Peterson. Cleveland ultimately needed/needs both positions, they rolled the dice. I still say the only reason hes not in Cleveland is due to his collarbone injury.

The Browns had the best draft I've seen in a long time this past year. To say that Peterson makes a team 5x better than what they would be without them is 100% ridiculous.

He would have given them the best rushing attack in the league this year, which would have improved the passing game as well. From reading your other threads you love the speedy home run hitter backs, but no love for Peterson, interesting.

He would have given them the best rushing attack in the league this year, which would have improved the passing game as well. From reading your other threads you love the speedy home run hitter backs, but no love for Peterson, interesting.

I love good running backs, whatever kind of back they are.

I just don't like Rudi, b/c he's not good.

The Browns were 10th in the whole League last year in rushing, the numbers just don't back up your claims.

They did that with a 30 something back, b/c Joe Thomas and Eric Steinbach were anchors of a stud OL.

Take away Thomas and it's not that high. If you take away Thomas and throw in Peterson there's no way you could say it would be any better than the 118 YPG they had with Lewis.

NFL records and Awards

Rookie record two 200 yard rushing games

224 Vikings rushing record (October 14, 2007 at. Chicago Bears)

296 (November 4, 2007 vs. San Diego Chargers)

Most yards rushing in the first eight games (1,036)

NFL single-game rushing record (296)

2007 NFL Offensive Rookie of the year

2007 AP Rookie of the Year

2 player of the month awards

2007 Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year

2008 NFL Pro Bowl MVP

Not even 23 years old yet. He makes any offense better, anytime hes on the field he is the most dangerous player on the field. I think he has the better long term value.

NFL records and Awards

Rookie record two 200 yard rushing games

224 Vikings rushing record (October 14, 2007 at. Chicago Bears)

296 (November 4, 2007 vs. San Diego Chargers)

Most yards rushing in the first eight games (1,036)

NFL single-game rushing record (296)

2007 NFL Offensive Rookie of the year

2007 AP Rookie of the Year

2 player of the month awards

2007 Diet Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Year

2008 NFL Pro Bowl MVP

Not even 23 years old yet. He makes any offense better, anytime hes on the field he is the most dangerous player on the field. I think he has the better long term value.

Those mean nothing. Lineman just don't win those awards.

Joe Thomas was just as valuable to his team as any other rookie this year.

I'd credit half of Peterson's success to Steve Hutchinson. Although Peterson is a freak.

PERFECT example! What happened to Shaun Alexander who was playing as well as anybody at the RB position once the left half of his line left town? Think he might want Steve Hutchinson back?

Don't get me wrong AP is a freak and I don't know if you all know his history but it's hard not to cheer for him. His brother was killed when he was young, his dad went to jail, his dad finally got to watch him in person at OU then he blows out his knee in that game!