Let's hear everyone that has crucified LexCath and Lex Christian...

All Tell

What if the math teacher is a coach? You make it sound like these schools have full time athletic employees and then teachers. Private schools typically are ran by much fewer people then a public school. Their teachers are most always involved in something else, and a lot of them are coaches. You need to relax on the hate toward privates, they are working for the kids just like your public teachers/coaches are, they are not going out looking for athletes, they advertise their schools to keep the school in business. Stop arguing and start working and your team will be as good as anyone of those privates. Public/private isn't the reason they are good, it's work, discipline, and commitment!!!!

Gee...why in the world would you hard working, disciplined and committed people WANT to even play us old lazy public schools anyway?[/QUOTE]

Or inversely, why would kids at public schools not want to play against the best competition they can?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if the math teacher is a coach? You make it sound like these schools have full time athletic employees and then teachers. Private schools typically are ran by much fewer people then a public school. Their teachers are most always involved in something else, and a lot of them are coaches. You need to relax on the hate toward privates, they are working for the kids just like your public teachers/coaches are, they are not going out looking for athletes, they advertise their schools to keep the school in business. Stop arguing and start working and your team will be as good as anyone of those privates. Public/private isn't the reason they are good, it's work, discipline, and commitment!!!!

Gee...why in the world would you hard working, disciplined and committed people WANT to even play us old lazy public schools anyway?[/QUOTE]

Or inversely, why would kids at public schools not want to play against the best competition they can?

I believe public schools can find competitive games within their own public school pool. Schools that educate and make teams out of what they are given. We are not allowed to have the move over to our school open houses. I would be curious to see how many students would stay at the private school if there were a split:confused:

I Don't care if they GIVE you 1$. I can't get it in the public school.

Not to mention what I fell are other advantages with things that open house gives you. And I don't want to beat this horse again, about sending my child to Corbin from Bell.

Private schools continue to get in trouble for violations dealing with money. You will not EVER find that in public.

EVERY kid in public school receives 100% financial aid!!!! :rolleyes:

EVERY kid in public school receives 100% financial aid!!!! :rolleyes:

Absolutely, 100% WRONG! MYTH #1 on public schools.

My kid leaves our home district and starts attending Independent district and I have to pay tuition for my child to attend that district.

Cause my home district refuses to release the ADA money. It stays with the state.

And that Independent district has not financial aid money for me to apply for in helping pay that tuition. So, I have to pay every penny of it out of my pocket.

Now that I have disspelled that myth, let me add, I am a FULL supporter of vouchers that would allow a parent to take that 100% financial aid that you erroneously referred to and use it at any public or private school that can prove they are providing a good education for students.

Folks this incessant public vs private business is not the central issue regarding the infamous, or rather, fictional "level playing field".

Being competitive comes down to the following:

1. the number of kids from which to choose

2. socioeconomic status of families of said kids

3. coaching - quality and depth

4. quality youth sports programs/instruction

5. supportive parents

I still believe public vs private is more accurately urban vs rural.

I find it so ironic that we have to increase the number of classes in football in order to increase equality, but we still have one class in basketball and baseball. Where is the logic here? Or is it all about preservation of the golden goose of the Sweet 16?

Absolutely, 100% WRONG! MYTH #1 on public schools.

My kid leaves our home district and starts attending Independent district and I have to pay tuition for my child to attend that district.

Cause my home district refuses to release the ADA money. It stays with the state.

And that Independent district has not financial aid money for me to apply for in helping pay that tuition. So, I have to pay every penny of it out of my pocket.

Now that I have disspelled that myth, let me add, I am a FULL supporter of vouchers that would allow a parent to take that 100% financial aid that you erroneously referred to and use it at any public or private school that can prove they are providing a good education for students.

o.k. let's make that 99.99%

Folks this incessant public vs private business is not the central issue regarding the infamous, or rather, fictional "level playing field".

Being competitive comes down to the following:

1. the number of kids from which to choose

2. socioeconomic status of families of said kids

3. coaching - quality and depth

4. quality youth sports programs/instruction

5. supportive parents

I still believe public vs private is more accurately urban vs rural.

I find it so ironic that we have to increase the number of classes in football in order to increase equality, but we still have one class in basketball and baseball. Where is the logic here? Or is it all about preservation of the golden goose of the Sweet 16?

Now I will agree with what you have said here and I have been preaching most of it since Jan of 2005.

Every player a private school gets is a player that would have went to a public school. Everyone just cant send there kids to a private school. But they (THE PRIVATE SCHOOL) will find a way for a good player to attend.

Incorrect. There are plenty of "Players", "Athletes", whatever term people want to use, that go to a Private HS, that never stepped foot inside a public Middle or Elementary School. There are some that never stepped foot in a public middle or elementarty school that did go to Public HS. The insinuation that I pick up(not saying you are doing it intentionally, but it sounds like what I have heard for years) is that the Private schools are sucessful because they get the Public School's athletes, and they don't get them without ulterior motives. Am I saying that no student athlete has been recruited to come to a private school? No. I am refuting the insinuation that good athletes come to private school only because they are recruited(for athletic reasons) or are given unfair advantages or financial aid.

Incorrect. There are plenty of "Players", "Athletes", whatever term people want to use, that go to a Private HS, that never stepped foot inside a public Middle or Elementary School. There are some that never stepped foot in a public middle or elementarty school that did go to Public HS. The insinuation that I pick up(not saying you are doing it intentionally, but it sounds like what I have heard for years) is that the Private schools are sucessful because they get the Public School's athletes, and they don't get them without ulterior motives. Am I saying that no student athlete has been recruited to come to a private school? No. I am refuting the insinuation that good athletes come to private school only because they are recruited(for athletic reasons) or are given unfair advantages or financial aid.

What if we just had a member of the KHSAA at each of the hospitals for every kid that is born. Right after the medical staff does the APGAR test and the parents cut the cord, they then can choose a school.... Mark here for public or here for private please.