Let's hear everyone that has crucified LexCath and Lex Christian...

All Tell

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...make the blanket statements about how widespread recruiting is in public schools

...how J-town got off lightly

...how Morrow decided to accept the penalty so that he wouldn't face a harsher penalty if appealed to the BOC.

I'll be waiting.

J-Town coach punished for illegal recruiting of a player at another school

I guess the Highlands posts of a couple of years ago don't count?:rolleyes:

All are guilty of the actions found and the one consistent to all the actions is the penalties are weak.

Let me not be silent. All who recruit should be PUNISHED. PUBLIC OR PRIVATE, IT DOES NOT MATTER. Once again, will there be a punishment that fits the crime. In the case of LCA, there is a big difference between recruiting, and illegally paying players to come to your school.

Let me not be silent. All who recruit should be PUNISHED. PUBLIC OR PRIVATE, IT DOES NOT MATTER. Once again, will there be a punishment that fits the crime. In the case of LCA, there is a big difference between recruiting, and illegally paying players to come to your school.

I thought the players in question were already at the school?

Pollio said the school self-reported an incident to the KHSAA, not knowing whether it was a rules violation.

I think this is important to the story.

Need to know what the severity of the incident was.

Wasn't a Laurel County coach involved in a scenario many years back that he got in trouble for. It seems a foreign exchanged student emailed him asking for information on the school. He supplied the information and was found in violation of recruiting. It seems that he should have sent the kid onto the registar office and let them provide the information.

If it was something like that, punishment fits the crime. If it was something more devious, might not.

Doesn't matter cheating is cheating. Should be banned from playoffs. All of them. When administrators and coaches do this type of thing they should be banned 1 year. If parents and kids lie and get the school in trouble then maybe not, but that is why we investagate.

Let's look @ KHSAA if they continue this weak punishment, do you blame them for what these schools do.

Once you establish a good program it will recruit itself. The punishment is so light that many will take it in trade for the success. I hate to say this, but I'm getting to where I don't blame them anymore.

Then why not support the Private schools proposal to add resources to the KHSAA investigative arm? If the issue isn't which side is cheating, but what the findings are, and what the penalties are, why not add teeth to the KHSAA? THAT is the crux of the whole issue for the Privates. They're painted as cheaters with unfair advantages. When in reality, everyone is really torqued over the fact that the investigations take too long, the punishments don't fit the crime, and the penalties are negligable?

If we all worked together to help the KHSAA in this way, would any of us have any leg to stand on if something happened at one of our schools?

Then why not support the Private schools proposal to add resources to the KHSAA investigative arm? If the issue isn't which side is cheating, but what the findings are, and what the penalties are, why not add teeth to the KHSAA? THAT is the crux of the whole issue for the Privates. They're painted as cheaters with unfair advantages. When in reality, everyone is really torqued over the fact that the investigations take too long, the punishments don't fit the crime, and the penalties are negligable?

If we all worked together to help the KHSAA in this way, would any of us have any leg to stand on if something happened at one of our schools?

I am not sure why we have to have a possible multi-million dollar arm to put teeth into the punishments.