Let's hear everyone that has crucified LexCath and Lex Christian...

All Tell

I'm for kids going to the situation that is best for them. Yes, I'm aware that there is a rule against recruiting, but I don't care for that rule.

I will also say this to all. It is my belief that the rule on recruiting, as is written, is broken so regularly that it is seen as common place, especially in Jefferson Co with open enrollment. To my X and T friends I will be the first to defend you against the "recruiting allegations" against you. I'm not saying your hands are completely clean, but I will say I think there is a bigger issue with the publics, and most cries about recruiting by you don't come from within Jefferson Co, but from assumptions of those outside it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That being the case, could another KHSAA member school appeal to the Board of Control for a stronger penalty?

Yes, a member school has asked for an appeal to review the commish's punishment of LCA.

A 3K fine is ridiculous...along with the restitution.

I can see the restitution but the fine was weak.

No wonder LCA chose not to appeal...they got off light.

A member school has asked for an appeal and from what I understand, the school (wanting a review) is not considered an "aggrieved" party in the case. Let the lawyers on here sort out what "aggrieved" actually is.

From what I gather is that it is simply they are not a part of the whole issue in question.

There is a Board of Control Meeting Monday and that the member school will be going before the BOC with their complaints, even though they may have no standing for it, based on the response given to them from the KHSAA regarding their desire to have the penalty reviewed by the BOC.

A member school has asked for an appeal and from what I understand, the school (wanting a review) is not considered an "aggrieved" party in the case. Let the lawyers on here sort out what "aggrieved" actually is.
I would think that any KHSAA member competing in the same organization as a school that breaks KHSAA rules would have a right to have their complaint heard.

What constitutes an "aggrieved" school anyway? One that actually meets LCA on the playing field?